Would you like to work on some of the world’s most exciting projects?
Jacobs’ nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world’s largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs Nuclear is looking to recruit a
Senior Mechanical Engineer with demonstrable experience of design assurance in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Cranes/Lifting equipment
- Pipework (designed to ASME code)
- Rotating plant
The role will be largely based in the customer premises in Gloucester as part of a Jacobs team. The successful candidate will be expected to interface with existing clients and identify opportunities to generate new business. This role will provide excellent opportunities for the development of skills, particularly where these are applied to nuclear engineering.
Candidates with a 2:1 or better with experience in general Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Structural Integrity will be considered. We are looking for proactive behaviours and excellent understanding of consultancy work.
The successful candidate will play an important role in these growing technical workstreams over the coming years and mentoring will be provided to ensure that development of skills is appropriately managed throughout the work.
The role offers good variety of work and opportunities to become involved in reviewing design/design substantiation, producing/revising safety cases, advising on maintenance/testing requirements, production of calculations, providing advice on wide ranging technical issues and queries and supporting refurbishment/modification projects to extend life of plant & equipment.
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related subjects
- Chartered or Incorporated member (or working towards Chartership) of IMechE or equivalent
- Knowledge of and ability to apply standards and regulations related to one of the technical disciplines
- Knowledge/experience of design and/or design substantiation
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams
- Self-motivated, with an ability and desire to work collaboratively with other organisations to create new opportunities
- Ability to think innovatively and solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
- Nuclear industry experience
- Experience of safety case management work
- Knowledge/experience of design and/or design substantiation in hazardous/highly regulated environments
- Familiarity with/understanding of safety and protection devices
- Knowledge/experience of operating in an environment with a graded approach to quality processes
- SC status