As an NRG employee, we encourage you to think creatively and proactively about your career choices. Our work environment is dynamic and the career opportunities across our businesses offer variety and challenge. Providing career growth to our own employees is critical to our ongoing success--take charge of your career goals and empower your future!
NRG is actively pursuing, onboarding, and maintaining Aggregation customers. Aggregations are agreements with municipal governments to supply energy on to a large segment of residents and businesses within the municipality. It is a unique and highly visible customer type that is important to our commercial strategy. The Operations Analyst will implement, maintain and improve processes, while ensuring the timely and accurate execution of all Back Office functions for Aggregation customers, while also monitoring and providing feedback for Front Office interactions to ensure exceptional customer service.
Analyze complex data, effectively communicating findings to stakeholders and third-parties
Monitor and correct enrollment rejections and billing exceptions
Generate routine and ad hoc reports, using them to drive results and identify issues
Create, modify and QA correspondence and mailing lists
Standardize data from a variety of sources and file types
Dissect contractual and regulatory obligations, implementing them into procedures
Audit and deliver quality reports and feedback to front office and sales agents utilizing data and call reviews
Build and adhere to transaction schedules based on utility deadlines for enrollments, rate changes, and drops
Track issues and incidents, conducting root cause analysis and prevention controls
Work closely with IT teams to ensure systems are ready to support new Aggregations
Coordinate workload and needs based on competing priorities
Communicate upstream and downstream impact of each task, with an emphasis on identifying trends and seeing “the big picture”
Execute customer requests and provide best possible solution to concerns for both individual energy customers and brokers
Other duties as assigned
- Minimum education: high school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year university preferred. Experience will offset college education requirement.
- 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to digest and analyze massive data segments
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Basic understanding of EDI a plus
- SQL Query, Access, and/ or VBA experience a plus
- Lean Six Sigma training a plus
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and meet service levels
- Ability to adapt in a consistently changing environment
- Passion for analytics and excellent business performance
- Work effectively and build relationships with people at all levels
- Ability to receive direct feedback, adjusting approach and goals accordingly.
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver to milestones
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills. Official description on file with Human Resources.
- Attention To Detail