SUMMARY OF ROLE
To apply complex engineering knowledge in support of the services and projects, analysis of the technical products and/or services To perform a variety of functions as related to the cybersecurity, system installation, start up, commissioning, warranty service, training and after warranty service as defined in the Sure Service and/or LTSA Program
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Become as knowledgeable as possible on Emerson Process Management product, participating in training programs, and through individual effort and initiative.
- Very good understanding of cybersecurity in DCS systems.
- Perfect understanding of DeltaV in all areas. Very good understanding of requirements for DeltaV in industries. Keep up to date on latest DCS features, software and hardware developments.
- At all time ensure and provide high quality professional services to PSS customers.
- During the project phase, conduct System start up, I/O checkout support and system commissioning, as well support the Process Start Up Engineer during the start up and commissioning period.
- Conduct DeltaV training courses for Operation and Maintenance personnel, at customer site and off-site when required.
- Be first customer contact during warranty and after warranty services
- Lead in investigation and responsible for resolution of system related customer complaints and reported problems. Make troubleshooting of the problem, provide and/or recommend solutions to these complaints/problems.
- Participate in defining and performing acceptance tests.
- Provide remote (phone, modem, internet) technical support assistance for Poland PSS users of DeltaV DCS, be ready to be on call on shift basis.
- Provide On-Site services for resolution of problems or scheduled visit within PBU countries when required by management.
- Use effectively Customer Service tools (SMS, etc) and when applicable provide SMS team with system information to update SMS DB with current Customer systems configuration after a service performed on site.
- Proactive identify and communicate to Customer and management Customer’s potential problems, needs or requirements. Proactively communicate during site visits with Customer employees to identify services needs or latent customer issues.
- Complete on time reports to keep management and cognizant customer representatives informed on project performance for Quality and timeliness of functioned performed.
- Develop good relations with customer representatives, service project and third party vendors. Emphasis Total Quality and Customer satisfaction.
- Good understanding of PSS PBU Customer Service products and services portfolio
- Proactively help other Customer Service team members
- Conduct the business with balanced risk while strictly observing the „Business Ethics“ of the principle Company Emerson Process Management.
- Follow guidelines as established in Quality Manuals
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical Degree (electrical/electronic, power)
- Minimum 2 years experience with IT in DCS
- Minimum 3 years experience in the process control system industry, power generation
- Strong experience of the DCS application,
- Start up and Commissioning Experience in the process automation, control performance
- Extensive travelling to customer site within country and as well abroad travelling
- Prepared to travel whenever necessary an on short notice
- Fluent in English Language – written, spoken, additional language plus
- Mature personality which is very much self-driven and self-motivated
- Good computer skills
- Willing to work in a team
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Process Management (Business)