At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Responsible for acting as a Lead Responsible Engineer (LRE) and performing minor mechanical analysis products, such as piping system analysis, simple heat exchanger analysis, fluid hydraulic calculations etc... Need an understanding of mechanical components and their interface with structural and electrical/I&C (including digital) components used in power systems and power plant operations. The individual should also have basic project management experience including working on and coordinating team projects, interfacing between multiple departments and contractor/vendors, and developing and controlling a project budget and schedule.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Possesses specialty skills and performs advanced tasks independently with minimal supervisory review. Performs engineering tasks independently and actively impart expert knowledge to others. Higher level of accountability than an Engineer 3. Must be able to manage and implement engineering analysis and technical programs. Has wide latitude to make technical decisions within accountabilities.
Department Specific Roles/Responsibilities:
- Develop budget estimates for performing system designs (coordinating single or multiple vendor products into a new or existing plant system).
- Identify and make risk assessments to ensure measures are put in place such that designs are implemented properly.
- Coordinate design team input, stakeholder design review meetings, and reviews of technical products.
- Oversee contractor design work and ensure contract design deliverables meet design requirements.
- Perform rigorous reviews of technical products to ensure quality.
- Prepare mechanical specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
- Possess a working knowledge of mechanical standards and regulatory guidance applicable to the commercial nuclear power industry (ASME/ANSI).
- Develop design requirements and perform design basis calculations.
- Read and interpret P&ID, schematic, and isometric drawings.
- Utilize specialized component knowledge (e.g. pumps, valves, heat exchangers, etc.).
- Understand license basis considerations (UFSAR, Technical Specifications) and regulatory requirements as they intersect with plant systems.
- Field installation support and troubleshooting.
- Familiarity with NFPA rules and regulations a plus.
- Assisting on shut-downs, startups and maintenance projects.
- Review/manage project schedules and resources to ensure products are properly developed and projects remain within budget while maintaining accountability for the quality, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of work
- Obtain engineering qualifications and complete training as assigned to maintain qualification.
- Obtain qualification and maintain all requirements for assigned ERO (Emergency Response Organization) role, including mandatory on-call rotations
Defend the plant design and licensing basis. Preparation and approval of design outputs and plant changes in accordance with approved processes and design requirements. Support installation and testing of plant systems and components and facility changes. Ensure the plant’s physical and functional characteristics are accurately reflected in the plant documents. Perform engineering analysis to support plant changes.
- B. S. in Engineering or Licensed Professional Engineer
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with 1 year as an Engineer 3
- Commercial Nuclear Power Plant Experience
- Professional Engineer Registration
- Advanced technical degree or related coursework
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
[ Link removed ]