This position is with Max Digital Services (MDS) team. MDS is developing the Industrial IoT platform for all NOV Business Segments.
This role is a hands-on Software Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and improving the NOV IoT applications platform and solutions. As a Developer you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support.
- Lead the development and improvements of a complex frontend framework for NOV’s Industrial IoT platform
- Advising and implementing best practices around frontend development (code best practices, testing, branching, frontend code architecture…)
- Help mentor and pair program with other developers
- Defining platform roadmap
- Managing release schedules
- Interact with internal and external development teams identifying the best approaches for the integration of different systems
- Interact with Subject Matter Experts and Project Managers from all parts of the organization
URL blocked - click to apply
- Degree in Computer Engineering or similar
- URL blocked - click to apply
- Experience with APIs, frontend state management, component oriented design
- Experience writing automated tests (Jest for unit tests and Cypress for integration and e2e tests)
- Knowledge of micro-applications, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS technologies
- Experience with GitHub CI/CD pipeline automation tools
- Experience with the Scrum-base project management
- Strong knowledge in software architecture, data structures, modern design patterns, and network protocols
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
NOV is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
About the Team
Our family of companies is supported by our global Corporate teams, providing expert knowledge from functions including Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance, Finance, QHSE, Marketing and Legal centers of expertise. We are structured to provide guidance and service above all to all our business operations.