Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We challenge what is currently accepted, so we can shape innovative and lasting solutions for tomorrow. If you’re interested in a long and rewarding career working with the #1 ranked most admired engineering / construction company in the world, and the industry’s best and most innovative engineers, then Jacobs is where you belong. We are looking for a driven and progressive Cost Engineer to join our Cost Control Department to help us support our internal PM/CMs and our external Advanced Facilities clients.
As a key member of our Cost Control Team, you’ll provide the day-to-day support and execution of project controls functions for projects and programs. You will be responsible for cost control monitoring, analysis, forecasting, and reporting. You’ll manage overall projects and program cost controls and reporting function by supporting client management, updates, and presentations to all levels of management.
Join us and we will assist in continuing the development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company, with opportunities to share your knowledge along the way.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
- At least 5 years of cost engineering/ project controls experience
- Implementing and evaluating earned value on projects to track progress in home office and or field construction projects
- Proactively monitoring and communicating budget, actual status, and forecast costs/labour hours for projects. Creating client and internal status reports that effectively communicate cost status.
- Use analytical thinking ability to assist the project manager and or construction manager to develop accurate and timely estimate at completion on a monthly basis.
- Specific experience in cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management, risk management, cost analysis, variance analysis
- Experience with work breakdown structures and resolving financial issues
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Knowledge of Engineering and Construction techniques and their costs impacts
- Develop change notices in a timely fashion in connection with the PM/CM
- Coordinates requirements for project managers and implements specific control procedures.
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
- Preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Project Management, Construction Management, or equivalent relevant work experience
- Work with a multi-disciplined group (Engineering and or Construction) to determine the EAC, the efficiency of both cost (CPI) and schedule (SPI), highlight the potential risk(s) to completion and their financial impact
- Cost Engineering /Project Controls experience on EPCMV life-cycle projects in the Life Sciences, Bio-Pharma industry
- Advanced Excel and/or Power BI skills
- High degree of Emotional Intelligence, team player mentality, coachable
- Prolog, EPCMV project life cycle experience (home office & field construction)
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please [ Link removed ]
- Analysis Of Variance
- Business Administration
- Change Management