FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of more than 3,500 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp.
The IT Auditor conducts a variety of internal and compliance IT audits. FirstEnergy’s Internal Audit department seeks to grow its organization in order to effectively provide assurance and advisory services to the business and IT so it can meet its objectives. There are multiple open positions for IT auditors as a result of this initiative.
This position is REMOTE. This option is not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon or Washington at this time.
- Demonstrates and applies a thorough understanding of complex information systems
- Conducts reviews of systems, IT processes, policies, procedures, cyber security, and configuration controls of existing systems as well as proposed controls of new systems.
- Interact with Internal Audit, IT, operational and financial management personnel across various functions and operating segments within the company to complete assigned audits
- Provides consulting services to business and IT management on risk identification, and the effectiveness of the design of process and controls.
- Prepares work papers to ensure compliance with established standards and the existence of adequate supporting documentation for the audit work completed.
- Conducts meetings with management upon commencement and completion of the audit to discuss results. Develops recommendations for management to improve the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of controls and operations.
- Coordinates with outside audit firms working internally within the audit team or with the external auditors
- Actively seek ways to add value within scope of assignments with a forward-thinking mindset
- Maintaining a safe, compliant and ethical workplace
- Focusing on teamwork by providing feedback, education, and encouragement to others
- Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Engineering, Information Security, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 0-2 years relevant work experience is required. Relevant work experience includes IT internal auditing, IT external auditing, or experience in IT (e.g., IT Security, cybersecurity, data analytics, etc)
- Actively seeking Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is desirable
- Knowledge of key IT audit requirements and standards such as Sarbanes-Oxley, IT Risk Assessments, Operational IT Audits, IT General Controls, Cyber Frameworks, Pre-implementation Reviews, etc
- Ability to operate independently and recommend effective solutions while working in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members based in various locations.
- Project management skills including planning and organization to initiate and develop project plans and successful implementation
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Desire to continue to learn and grow, work across FirstEnergy, and deliver results.
- Some travel to company locations may be required (less than 10%). Occasional travel to other locations may also be required.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
Accounting, CPA, Cyber Security, Internal Audit, Computer Science, Finance, Security, Technology
- Business Informatics
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Certified Public Accountant