- Promotes the concept of proactive safety and takes personal responsibility to communicate and cascade the Plant goal of zero injuries.
- Facilitates the preparation and control of project scope, justification, economic analysis, schedule and execution.
- Coordinates activities of the integrated project team generally including operations, maintenance, environmental, safety, plant management and the product line.
- Opens, manages and closes projects in SAP and periodically reports status to management.
- Assists with construction management and start-up as needed.
- Provides mechanical design support to plants as required including selection and procurement of engineering equipment and related services.
- Working with various plant organizations to identify and evaluate alternative solutions and opportunities.
- Reporting progress and forecasting costs on a regular basis.
- Presenting key projects to Plant Management.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, and or chemical engineering with 3+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Knowledge of industry design codes and practices, inherently safe design practices, process safety and a commitment to personnel safety are required.
- Experience managing multiple assignments, people and projects, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is an asset.
- The successful candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and impart a positive attitude with developed interpersonal skills to resolve issues and challenges with other functional groups.
- This position requires a self-starter with above average presentation, planning, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- 5+ years of project management experience in the petrochemical industry
- Experience in the Plastics industry
- Experience with project development gate process is a plus.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Chemical Engineering
- Construction Management
- Design Codes
- Economic Analysis