An independent provider of world leading geological interpretation software to the Oil and Gas Industry seeks a Software Engineer with good experience in the Angular framework. The Company is migrating their software solution which has been developed in C++ to Cloud Native (AWS) and applicants will have good experience of full cycle development using the Angular framework. C++ is advantageous. This is a great time to join this progressive Company who are embarking on a major cloud transformation project which will redefine how they deliver their software. With great flexibility working from home, you will be expected to travel to the office at certain times which is located in North East England.
Established 30+ years, their strong global client base ranges from start-ups to major oil and gas exploration and development companies. Offering software technologies, training and consultancy services, their innovative products ensure intuitive, real-time interpretation of the 3D morphology of geological elements imaged within seismic data; greatly adding to the understanding of the subsurface. Use of their proprietary software products has become an accepted integral part of subsurface workflows, enabling clients to reduce subjectivity make more accurate and informed decisions.
Proud of their role in bringing people, science and technology together, they have recently launched their breakthrough AI Interpretation solution – greatly enhancing the understanding of the subsurface with increased speed and accuracy. This AI solution has received great accolades and the Company has committed to further development of this platform and hence the need for this position.
Software Engineers work across the full development lifecycle to enhance and maintain the Company’s commercial software products. This is a hands–on role delivering new commercial software features on time, within an agile software development process that brings in requirements and knowledge from research and development teams, geoscientists, and product and user stakeholders. Translation of these requirements and materials into high quality, well planned and documented commercial software features is the primary purpose of the role. You will also be expected to share knowledge and expertise across the Technology Group and support a continuous improvement process. All Software engineers will be pivotal in achieving these strategic goals.
This role encompasses many responsibilities including:
- Become competent in the Company’s suite of software solutions, work flows and practices.
- Delivery of commercial quality software
- Actively participate in resolution of complex technical problems
- Works to continually improve the software delivery process
- Ensures estimates and plans are technically accurate and up to date
- Ensures design and implementation adhere to standards
- Maintains appropriate design and coding standards
- Shares knowledge of the code-base and encourage “shared code ownership”
- Identifies new technologies which will improve our software
- Takes ownership of code quality and drives continuous improvement
- Share knowledge and expertise with your peers
The successful candidate will have:
- Qualifications in a Software Engineering discipline desired.
- 5+ years’ experience of software development within a commercial environment essential.
- Proven experience of Angular development essential.
- 2+ years’ experience in Agile software methods and practices, specifically Scrum desired.
- Familiarity with modern architecture methods such as TOGAF desired.
- C# and C++, UX Design, UI Design, HTML5, C# in a commercial environment desired.
- Knowledge of Ruby, NoSQL, Python or TensorFlow machine learning, messaging or distributed computing highly desirable
- Experience of using design patterns and refactoring techniques desired
- Relevant certification in Testing & Quality Assurance, or equivalent experience desired.
- Experience in a commercial R&D or scientific software development environment desired
- Knowledge and experience of continuous delivery pipelines such as GitLab desired
- Experience of end to end test automation highly desirable
- Familiarity with a test first development methodology such as TDD or BDD desired.
- Experience in public cloud architectures including AWS and GCP desired.
- Implementation of containerised software using Docker and Kubernetes desired.
- Data led API design and implementation using OpenAPI.
- Confident and articulate communicator
- Strong team player – willingness to share knowledge and support each other.
- Must have good network connections from your home.
- Must be able to travel to North East England by train to work in Office as required – it is expected that most of the work will be delivered from your home.
Package:An attractive Base Salary dependent on skills and experience plus Company Benefits.
To apply for this job:
1) Preference is to apply online - If registered, then login and hit apply. Review your registration details and upload your current CV. If not registered - it is a short process. Alternatively you can email [ Email address blocked ] but it will take longer to process.
2) We advise your submit a Cover Letter in support of your application - containing a) what skills/experience you bring to the role (i.e. as outlined in the spec) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations
- Test First
- Software Features
- Scrum (Software Development)