The Program Management Specialist will serve as the primary point of contact responsible for vendor package management in support of new naval ship construction at General Dynamics NASSCO. The Project Management Specialist is responsible for a specific area of project management. These areas could include scheduling, cost management, risk management, vendor coordination, or other relevant areas as assigned. In addition, the Program Management Specialist supports the Project Manager and their associated projects.
The successful candidate will work in person at the ABS office in Spring, TX with the opportunity for a hybrid schedule during the week.
What You Will Do:
- Involved in the management of multiple vendor projects and small-scale projects
- Initiates and implements Vendor Coordination/Project Management procedures for assigned responsibilities
- Assist in the development of schedules/timelines/cost plans that support the business objectives, established budgets, resources, and project deliverables for each project
- Support day-to-day execution of the overall project delivery process.
- As directed, monitor that projects are executed within the approved vendor budget and schedule and in accordance with company Quality requirements
- Support the managing risks and issues
- Prepares technically accurate and timely reports related to the project.
- Support Managing stakeholders’ communication and prepare communications for management and updates.
- Assist in managing the main project documentation and the project initiation document.
- Prepares accurate and timely reports related to project progress to internal/external stakeholders regularly as assigned.
- Support invoice development that is properly prepared in accordance with contractual terms and is issued to clients in a timely manner.
- Performs follow-up on outstanding vendor/project issues necessary to support the fulfillment of ABS deliverables
- Prepare and submit time charge records and expense reports in a timely manner in accordance with company procedures.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or recognized equivalent in Business, Marketing, or related discipline preferred.
- At least one year of experience in the maritime industry is preferred.
- At least one (1) year of experience related to project management is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Working knowledge of Freedom and O2E.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques.
- Ability to work positively with a wide range of individuals involved in the project.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve project-related problems.
- Ability to organize, plan, monitor, and control project contractual requirements, budgets, schedules, and technical work.
- Ability to utilize personal computer applications, including spreadsheets, email, and internet browsers.
- Ability to communicate technical aspects of projects and work assignments to peers and clients.
- Desire and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Realization of financial aspects of approved business plans and budgets pertaining to the project.
- Working knowledge of the ABS Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Management System.
Scope of Work Requirements:
You must be a United States citizen.
Reports to a Senior Project Manager, Program Manager, Director, or Executive level position and has no direct reports.
We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times.
ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. About Our Benefits
ABS Bureau proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Bureau also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity
ABS Bureau is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Other
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjs
The Project Management Operations Specialist is responsible for a specific area of project management. These areas could include scheduling, cost management, risk management, vendor coordination, or other relevant areas as assigned. In addition, the Specialist supports the Project Manager and their associated projects.
- Problem Solving
- Appointment Scheduling