Equal Opportunity Employer : Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Washes, repairs and/or performs limited painting duties in an effort to clean, cover and/or protect interior or exterior surfaces of containers. Performs minor repairs, such as axle repair/replacement, on assigned containers. Responsible for the movement of containers within the yard, the loading and unloading of new and used containers, and monitoring the container inventory.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Reads work order or receives instructions from supervisor regarding minor painting and/or completing minor repairs on assigned containers.
- Performs minor container repairs, such as axle repair/replacement.
- Washes container interior or exteriors as needed.
- Moves containers in the yard.
- Loads and unloads both new and used containers from trucks.
- Performs minor painting duties.
- Responsible for monitoring the site’s container inventory.
- Performs general duties and responsibilities as required.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education : None Required
- Experience : None Required
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to work overtime including Saturday
- Inventory management
- Continuous and repetitive heavy lifting and moving of containers
- Mechanically inclined
- Safety focused
- Customer service
- Basic driving skills
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is : container shop / outdoors.
Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility are greatly appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”