*This assignment is a 1-year Contract with a Fortune 500 organization in the Energy sector, headquartered in Houston where this person will work from home Mondays and Fridays; onsite Tuesday through Thursday.
The Senior Data Engineering Consultant is expected to create innovative technologies through working on a diverse and stimulating range of projects, including development of various types of deep neural networks for prototype applications, and scale of deployable AI solutions to be embedded into commercial platforms for subsurface characterizations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Software development for Petrel plug-in with integration of deep learning models for geoscience applications
- Develop standardized code for handling various datasets, including seismic, well log, drilling data, etc.
- Automate deep learning workflows applied to seismic interpretation, inversion, drilling, and well logs.
- Develop code for enhancing subsurface data quality to improve deep learning performance
- Develop tools for subsurface data visualization and processing in expediting deep learning workflows
- Automation of traditional workflows in the exploration activities
- Reduction of cycle times and improvement of the precision for subsurface interpretations and reservoir quality
- Familiar with Petrel software development
- Experience in working with geophysical and petrophysical data sets
- Experience in developing web apps or API backend in using Django, Flask, or others
- Experience in the AI domains that have been applied to the fields in computer vision or "NLP"
- Python programming skills and familiar with one of deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Understanding of latest neural network architectures such as convolutional neural networks, generative models, etc..
*Up to $135/hr pay rate. US Citizens and Green Card holders are encouraged to apply.
*Our client will not sponsor or transfer H1B or any other sponsorship requirements
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Coaching And Mentoring