Job Title: Construction Manager
Department: Project Delivery
Reports to: Director Project Delivery
Direct Reports: n/a
Indirect Reports: Suppliers and Subcontractors
Reporting Location: Madison, WI
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay: Full-Time Salaried Employee, 6 weeks of PTO, fully reimbursed for expenses incurred during business travel
We are a solar energy developer, owner and operator. OneEnergy delivers economically viable and consistently clean solar sites across diverse US solar energy markets. Our passion for solar power generation and energy storage projects drive us to excel each day.
Our hiring philosophy includes the conviction that diverse backgrounds bring great value. As a team, we harness our optimistic entrepreneurial spirit and foster camaraderie every day. This is what has grown OneEnergy into a remarkable company and a unique solar industry leader.
OneEnergy Renewables is looking for an experienced Construction Manager for our upcoming PV Solar construction projects in North America. The Construction Manager will report to the Director Project Delivery and work hand in hand with the Project Manager, Subcontractors, and other support staff. The position will have responsibility for all project site activities, starting with the engineering and procurement phase and leading up to commercial operation and O&M. The focus will be on our construction sites are in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
- Lead all day-to-day construction management activities on solar construction projects located across the United States.
- Engage with the EPC contractor and various other project stakeholders as OneEnergy’s primary onsite contact person.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure consistent best practices for jobsite safety, quality, and subcontractor management.
- Provide steady and reliable communication while also managing schedule, budget, contractors, people, risk, and resources.
- Review construction requirements during the bid/proposal process and provide scope, budget, and schedule details as needed.
- Facilitate clear communication of project requirements and expectations between Construction Staff, Procurement, Engineering and Administrative staff to ensure all owner project needs and internal administrative requirements are met.
- Continually analyze construction methods for value and efficiency. Collaborate with Engineering to update and communicate best practices that allow OneEnergy to maintain an industry leadership position.
- Ensure contractor adherence to HSE and QAQC plans.
- Proactively prepare and communicate accurate project status summary or detailed reports to the management team, staff, or customers.
- Review construction requirements during the bid/proposal process and provide scope, budget, and schedule details as needed. Obtain or assist in obtaining all necessary permits.
- Provide hands-on leadership and support the delivery strategy for future projects.
- Create and foster continuous improvement between internal teams, and utilizing tools and following company processes where directed.
- Operate in a professional, responsible, and collaborative manner with all project participants.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated track record of success in renewable energy or related field.
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of integrity and organizational capacity to manage multiple projects.
- A proven ability to provide efficient, timely, and reliable service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to take ownership, initiative, and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to manage competing priorities often across functional and operational lines.
- Ability to contribute to an amicable working environment with other associates and employees.
- Position requires frequent travel, 25 to 75% of working time, depending on the time of year.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in Construction Management or Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of engineering, construction and/or technical project management experience.
- PMP Certification preferred, but not required.
- Solar engineering or construction experience required.
- A recent history of successfully building trust and respect in a symbiotic relationship.
- Advanced knowledge of safety and relevant OSHA requirements and regulations.
- The proven ability to manage schedule and cost to required margins.
- Experience with managing construction sites from ground up.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of time management and organizational skills resulting in the ability to prioritize/manage multiple projects at various stages of delivery.
- Must possess strong quantitative analysis and critical thinking skills.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure and stress while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Wants to win and manage effectively on both the strategic and tactical issues --- and ready to switch between the two.
- Excellent PC computer skills and familiarity with MS Office and Windows.
- Must have a “roll up your sleeves and let’s get the job done right” type attitude
Environment: Standard office setting and visits to work sites; frequent interaction with outside vendors, and staff; exposure to significant noise levels and outside elements. Travel to work sites up to 100% is required.
Physical: Incumbents require sufficient mobility to work in an office setting; walk, stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; operate office equipment including use of a computer keyboard; to stoop, kneel, or crouch; light lifting and carrying (up to appropriate amount/ex 20 lbs.); ability to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction; vision sufficient to read computer screens and printed documents; and to operate assigned equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
Tobacco Free Environment: One Energy Renewables has a tobacco free work environment policy that prohibits the use of any tobacco product at the office, worksites, or client’s homes.
OneEnergy is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and sustaining a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that respects and values distinct cultures, experiences, perspectives and unique identities. One Energy strives to create a work environment that fosters our core values of respect and integrity in our workplace and the communities where we work.
- Attention To Detail
- Audio Equipments
- Business Process Improvement
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Computer Displays