As a leading Industry, E&P Software Global Company focused on the development and deployment of software for the oil & gas industry we are seeking a Seismic Interpretation Support Specialist to provide pro-active assistance to clients in their seismic interpretation and analysis. The successful candidate will work onsite with our oil operator clients in Kuwait and will use Interpretation software and the ability to support and offer guidance to end-clients in Interpretation workflows. The role offers a great opportunity to develop your technical petrophysical skills and to progress your career.
We offer an integrated portfolio of productivity tools and geoscience applications for geologists, geophysicists, and engineers. These applications enable decision-makers at oil operator clients to make decisions with less uncertainty, minimized risk and with more confidence in their exploration and production activities. Our Seismic Interpretation application suite is unmatched in terms of its best-in-class interpretation tools, well data management, superior graphics, and robust data integration.
This is a customer support role for supporting our Interpretation suite. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who has a solid understanding of interpretation techniques and the desire to work closely with oil operator clients helping them maximise their interpretation workflows. As a leading E&P software and service company we provide great career prospects.
What will be my responsibilities in this role?
Reporting to the Interpretation Team Lead, this role encompasses many functions including:
- Provide a wide range of interpretation services including the horizon, fault, and volumetric estimations, data QC, creation of structural depth maps, conduct AVO feasibility analysis, conduct structural and stratigraphic interpretation, provide seismic attribute analysis and modelling.
- Support 2D / 3D, 4-D seismic interpretation mapping, depth conversation and seismic attribute analysis using specialised software/workstations to identify prospects. Provide input on regular updating of geophysical maps based on new well / seismic data generated.
- Provide regional to prospect scale stratigraphy facies assessments, seismic facies classification, Geobody detection, support prospect evaluation, support integrating seismic and well-based stratigraphy information, contribute to prospect risk and volume uncertainty, quantify the probability of the presence of reservoir quality from well control, integrate core, log and seismic information into assessments
- Maximize client's workflows using the technologies efficiently and effectively. You will assist in solving simple to complex problems, assessing all possible scenarios before advising on the most suitable solution.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with your client, understanding and providing solutions for their technical geoscience challenges and constraints.
- Proactively contact clients on a regular basis, understanding their work demands and accommodating their need for interpretation support or/and training.
- Proactively promote new functionality and work with clients in preparing case studies that would raise the reputation of this functionality.
- Work closely with the management and software developers, reporting known problems and manage the resolution back to the end clients.
- Perform health check/backup/preventive maintenance of Emerson software
- Document best practices and communicate with the users
What requirements do I need to fulfil for this role?
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a Geoscience or related discipline
- 10 or more years Seismic Interpretation experience
- Minimum 3 years using, supporting, or/and training using Interpretation suites (preferably Paradigm application suite) essential.
- Experience in providing geophysical technical support within the Oil and Gas industry is highly advantageous.
- Good IT skills, with familiarity with Unix/Linux environments and Unix/Linux and Windows networks desired.
- Customer focus
- Tech Savvy
- Manages complexity
- Action Oriented
- Ensures accountability
- Drives results
- Communicates effectively
- Nimble learning
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
- Self Motivation
- Product Quality Assurance
- Technical Support
- Microsoft Windows