Eaton’s Electrical Crouse-Hinds division is currently seeking a 2nd shift Foundry Utility Worker to join our team. This position is based at our Syracuse, New York facility.
The Foundry Utility Worker is responsible for a wide variety of duties throughout the foundry areas and in support of the grinding room operation following standard procedures or specific instructions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will grind large and small castings, use of band saws, pouring molds, transport metal, core knockout, transport materials and/or equipment with either fork truck, payloader, or operation of power vac.
- You will assist molder in machine set-up and clean assigned areas.
- You will repair pouring ladles.
- You will detect and report all defective materials; refer questionable cases to proper supervision.
- You will sort, clean, move castings and materials as required; operate shot blast cleaning equipment and fork trucks as required; sweep and clean area as directed; maintain equipment and area in a clean and orderly condition.
- You will follow prescribed or standard safety regulations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position
Position Success Criteria:
- Position includes the use and reading of fixed gauges and other instructions not requiring interpretation.
- Moderate physical effort equivalent to continuous light, frequent average, or occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of various job duties.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No