Join us as a Shift Supervisor Mining where you will manage the planning, leading, organising and controlling of the production at one of the rig sections and to comply with the company’s SHE Systems.
You put safety first. That’s why we want you.
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives', delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Anglo American Platinum.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.Job Description
As a Shift Supervisor Mining you will focus on safe quality of work, achieving of production targets, housekeeping, supervising and coordinating support functions. Below are some of the key responsibilities critical to the role.
- Ensure the maintenance of proper discipline of all persons under your charge.
- Daily on-the-job coaching and on-site training sessions should be conducted and captured in the logbook.
- Provide and maintain a working environment that is safe and without undue risk to the health of employees within your area of responsibility.
- Make use of the latest Risk Matrix provided in the logbook to assess and eliminate or reduce risks
- Ensure that you and the persons under your charge are empowered to stop any working place when the Occupational Health and/or Safety of any such persons are endangered in terms of section 23 of the MHSA.
- Consider an employee’s training and capability, knowledge and skill in respect of Health and Safety before allowing such person to continue with his work or before assigning specific or specialized tasks to that employee.
- Assist in the control over the proper safe operation and running of machinery and equipment in your area of responsibility.
- Grade 12
- National Certificate NQF Level 3 (Rock Breaker -Conventional/ Mechanised/ Metalliferous) or Valid Blasting Certificate
- Valid certificate of fitness for underground work
- Shift Supervisor Certificate
Knowledge & Skills required:
- 3-5 years supervisory position in mechanised mining environment
- People management skills
What we offer
When you join Anglo American Platinum, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, but more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Training And Development