Creating a world where both people and planet can continue to prosper might be the greatest challenge of our generation. Our main tools to overcome this challenge are large-scale renewable energy sources and fantastic employees that are convinced that each one of us can make a difference, even more so together.
Solar PV is a new focus area for OX2 and you get the chance to be part of that from the beginning as a Solar PV Screening GIS Specialist in our Development team. In this position you will do ongoing search for and analysis of new possible areas for Solar PV. This position is full-time and open for you to be located at one of our offices around Sweden but advantage if you live in Stockholm, Malmö, Kungsbacka or Färjestaden due to where many of the team members are located.
About the job
As a Solar PV Screening GIS Specialist, you will have a specialist function within the Development team. The main task is to identify, document and feed in new areas that potentially can become projects. You will primarily work in the GIS software ArcGIS PRO as well as online services and use multiple data sources to perform the analyses. You will work in close contact with a team of the PV Portfolio owner, Project Managers, Land managers, PV engineers and Grid Planners to help secure the potential PV sites. You will work with both targeted and general screening for areas suitable for Solar PV.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Responsibility for the entire package of geographical information of the screening process.
- Production of printed maps as well as online maps that serves as a central platform for the project team.
- GIS analysis at the request of the Solar PV Portfolio Owner.
- Gathering of updated and relevant data from external sources.
- Gathering geographical field data during site visits.
- Daily monitoring of the Solar energy market and updating of the internal Market Intel database.
For this position we want you to:
- Have documented expertise skills within geographical information systems (GIS), preferably ESRI products such as ArcGIS PRO and ArcGIS Online/Enterprise.
- Have experience of gathering geographical field data.
- Have experience from the Solar PV energy or civil business is meriting.
- Structuring data and habit of working with databases is meriting.
- We consider it a merit if you also have good knowledge of developing tools in ArcGIS and/or FME
- Have drivers’ licence (B-körkort).
- Be fluent in Swedish and English.
As a person for this position, we value that you have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build solid relationships with internal stakeholders in a trustful and professional way. We also see that you possess strong analytical skills where you can find new patterns and draw conclusions in your daily work.
We welcome your application as soon as possible but no later then the 15th of October. For us at OX2, it is important that we stay as objective as possible when recruiting, therefore after applying for the job you will be asked to take a personality and logic test through Alva labs based on the requirement profile for this position. If you have any questions, please reach out to [ Link removed ] .
OX2 develops and sells wind and solar farms. OX2 has taken a leading position in large-scale onshore wind power over the past 16 years and has developed and sold approximately 2.5 GW in Sweden, Finland, Poland and Norway for clients such as Allianz, Ardian and IKEA. Between 2014 and 2020, OX2 realised more onshore wind power in Europe than any other developer. By constantly increasing access to renewable energy, OX2 is promoting the transition towards a more sustainable future. OX2 has operations in Sweden, Finland, Poland, France, Lithuania, Norway, Spain, Italy and Romania with its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Sales in 2020 was SEK 5,201 million (approx. €510 million) with an EBIT of SEK 416 million (approx. €41 million). The OX2 share is listed on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market. [ Link removed ] .
- Esri Gis (Software)
- Geographic Information Systems
- Arc Gis (Gis Software)
- Swedish Language
- Photovoltaic Systems