The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Opportunities to work on challenging drainage master plans, TxDOT drainage, & industrial site drainage. In this position, the projects will have an emphasis on drainage, floodplain/floodway delineation, detention pond design, reservoir routing, levee design, urban drainage systems design, sheet flow analysis and flood mitigation. Typical projects are 100 Ac or more.
- Leads and manages EITs and designers Performs civil design calculations for a variety of projects, sketches, technical comparisons and similar technical work as required by assignment
- Coordinates project assignments with those of other engineers and technicians in his/her discipline group.Reviews drawings supplied by contractors, clients, and engineers then recommends necessary changes.
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches and reviews design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or other Project Managers.
- Provides project cost estimating.
- Provides proposals and attends interviews for obtaining new work
- Attends design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required; Master of Science with emphasis in hydrology/hydraulics, water resources preferred
Working with a group of engineers in the performance of water resources, drainage, hydrology and hydraulics design related projects.
Proficient understanding and knowledge of frequently used software such as HEC programs, XP-SWMM, ICM.
Sound technical skill especially in the area of water resources engineering.
Good communication and organizational skills, especially technical writing.
Working knowledge and understanding of local design codes and standards.
Related local experience a plus.
Working knowledge of GIS is a plus.
Drainage infrastructure design experience is preferred.
At least 10 years of previous professional engineering design experience on civil/site energy projects and/or land development projects is required.
Professional Engineer (PE) license is required
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Engineering Design Process