Paya (NASDAQ: PAYA) is a leading provider of integrated payment and frictionless commerce solutions that help customers accept and make payments, expedite receipt of money, and increase operating efficiencies. The company processes over $42 billion of annual payment volume across credit/debit card, ACH, and check, making it a top 20 provider of payment processing in the US. Paya serves more than 100,000 customers through over 2,000 key distribution partners focused on targeted, high-growth verticals such as healthcare, education, non-profit, government, utilities, and other B2B end markets. The business has built its foundation on offering robust integrations into front-end CRM and back-end accounting systems to enhance customer experience and workflow. Paya is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with offices in Reston, VA, Fort Walton Beach, FL, Mt. Vernon, OH, and Dallas, TX.
Job Summary: *
Paya is on a mission to upgrade the technology stack of products and make new products to simplify payment processing for our thousands of partners, merchants, and users. The Engineering Manager will be responsible and accountable for managing multiple development initiatives to enhance existing products and advance modernization pursuits. As an Engineering Manager, you are expected to foster a culture of active collaboration and innovativeness. Teams are comprised of employees and contractors and work from multiple locations (onshore and offshore). In this role, you will guide the teams to improve the Paya SDLC processes, lead from the front, and contribute to following Agile methodologies.
* Develop and maintain Paya’s suite of applications
* Understand the full stack and contribute to enhancing the architecture
* Contribute to the vision of developing Cloud-native products
* Bridge the gap between remote and local engineering teams
* Mentor, guide, and lead the development of employees
* Drive and improve the development practices used in the company
* Identify weak areas and implement strategic solutions
* Provide production and dev/ops support regularly and/or as required
* Enhance and adhere to good development practices & processes
* Develop and communicate project performance and reporting to internal stakeholders
* Ensure actions and key deliverables are met and kept within the defined scope
* Be the first point of escalation for technical issues and resolve issues working with stakeholders.
* Full Stack (front-end & backend) development experience (ASP.Net / VB.Net / C#/React)
* Experience with creating APIs in SOAP and REST
* Strong object-oriented design patterns and methodologies
* Strong understanding of scalability, high availability, and performance of robust systems
* Ability to design/develop/maintain production databases (SQL Server or MySQL)
* Experience with code reviews and suggestions on steps for clean and maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, automation, design patterns, refactoring, etc.). Ability to provide guidance on code quality.
* Experience in migrating solutions to Cloud and sunsetting products
* Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and under your own initiative.
* Problem-solving, analytical skills ability to quickly understand client’s tech stack and their needs and propose possible effective solutions.
* Knowledge of process improvement and validation
* Knowledge of regulatory standards like PCI, SOX, etc.
Other Qualities that would be Valuable: *
* Experience with agile development practices
* Familiar with TFS, BITBUCKET, GIT, GITFLOW or SVN source control systems
* Scrum and Jira experience
* Knowledge of CI/CD processes and methods and experience in implementing them is a major plus.
* Understanding of the electronic payments industry (bankcard, ACH, gift cards, NACHA) a major plus
Education and Experience: *
* 5-8 years of experience in Software development, testing, deployment, and lifecycle maintenance of enterprise-grade applications expected.
* At least 1-2 years of experience leading a team of engineers.
Job is located in Atlanta. Paya is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law._
Job Type: Full-time
- Agile Methodology
- Asp.Net Core