Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Assistance of product support for DC protection relays and network control systems including o Commissioning support for protection and control systems. o Testing of firmware versions and software tools o Simulation of customer problems, o Integration tests
• Engineering of Process Automation software work package and details design submission of AC, DC Traction Power Supply (TPS) substations for Rail Electrification Systems. This is including. o Preparation of control software o Preparation of protection relay parameterization o Preparation of HMI projects o Internal acceptance tests (Partially) o External acceptance tests (Partially) o Training of colleagues and customers (Partially) o Technical support of the manufacturing and the commissioning engineers concerning analysis of technical problems and answering of technical inquiries. o Interface clarification and technical integration of all electrical systems within the bulk substation, Traction substation and Service substation.
• Technical management, planning and controlling of one’s own engineering work packages.
• Support of sales departments and project management during both, the bid phase and the project execution phase.
• Participation in technical liaison meetings with customers, suppliers and Siemens’ internal departments overseas. Education
• Bachelor degree or above in Electrical / Electronic / Control & Instrument / Automation Engineering with 3 or more yearsexperience, ideally in the field of power distribution, electrical control and protection system. Knowledge/ Experience/ Languages
• Practical experience of the Process Automation environment in PLC (SIMATIC products and SPS programming would be advantageous) and HMI interfaces
• Good knowledge of the automation language IEC 61131-3 and the programming language C as well as object-oriented languages (e.g. C++, C#)
• Familiar with standard protocols (e.g. Profibus, Modbus) and IEC standards, in particular remote control interface with IEC 60870-5-104/101) and substation environment (IEC61850)
• Knowledge (High) of Traction Power Supply in the field of Substation Control System, System engineering, Commissioning engineering, Product knowledge in Traction Power Supply.
• Knowledge (High) of DC digital protection relays i.e., Sitras MDC, Sitras PRO.
• Knowledge (High) of Siemens PLC SIMATIC STEP7, WINCC, TIA Portal
• Knowledge (Medium) of AC digital protection relays i.e., SIPROTEC including SW parameterization via SIPROTEC
• Knowledge (Medium) of AC substation configuration with SICAM PAS, SICAM AK, SICAM A8000
• Knowledge (Medium) of Energy transmission and distribution
• Knowledge (Medium) of communication network.
• Knowledge of measuring, control and supervisory systems.
• Knowledge of relevant European and International Standards.
• Knowledge of Software engineering processes.
• Experience in project realization, preferably in an international project environment.
• Good command of English. Desirable
• Experience in the railway sector, especially in the field of Process Automation in Rail Electrification Systems.
• Experience in design and planning of electrical substations.
• Experience in PLC/HMI Programming.
• Intercultural experience.
• Willingness to travel Capabilities
• Ability and willingness to learn
• Planning and organizing
• Result and quality orientation
• Customer focus Organization: Siemens Mobility Company: Siemens Mobility Limited Experience Level: Experienced Professional Job Type: Full-time
Simatic Win Cc (Scada System)
Computer Control Systems
Programmable Logic Controllers