About NOV and Rig Technologies
National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is a leading provider of technology, equipment, and services to the global oil and gas industry that supports customers’ full-field drilling, completion, and production needs. Since 1862, NOV has pioneered innovations that improve the cost-effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and environmental impact of oil and gas operations.
NOV Rig Technologies makes and supports the world’s most advanced drilling solutions. With a long history of manufacturing advanced drilling equipment packages—think top drives, iron roughnecks, drawworks, BOPs, and risers—as well as complete land rigs, we're constantly working to solve our customers’ operational challenges. We're designing new technology and robotics that deliver increased automation; expanding our training offerings to help our partners close the industry's generational gap; and developing smarter, more advanced drilling solutions for all types of land and offshore environments.
We're continually pushing our own standards higher to deliver the safest, most efficient, and most reliable drilling solutions in the world. Join us as we continue to power the industry that powers the world.
NOV Condition Monitoring is currently recruiting for a Service Center Technician to join our team at 5100 N Sam Houaston Pkwy W, the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Monitor all satellite performance to and from an oil rig (signal strength, packet loss, and satellite status) in order to maintain optimal dataflow.
- Monitor and analyze oil rig sensor values in real-time to detect potential problems.
- Document and escalate potential problems via helpdesk support software.
- Use satellite monitoring tools and customer data to determine rig activity.
- Use helpdesk support software and website information to ensure all customer data is up to date.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures.
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Receive, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve client technical issues.
Within the NOV ticketing system, maintain detailed documentation of client correspondence, update issue details in real time as they evolve. Document method of issue resolution.
Prepare detailed reports with detailed recommended corrective / maintenance action based on vibration data, oil data, native sensor data, information from CBM, and customer provided information.
Follow-up on all assigned client issues until resolved.
Recognize and report reoccurring product reliability trends that drive customer complaints, increase non-performance time, generate unplanned maintenance or overriding of system alerts or alarms.
Develop, support and/or participate in goal-oriented training and competency development programs to improve product knowledge and cross-discipline troubleshooting.
Coordinate with other internal and external specialists to support complex issue resolution.
Cooperate with other business lines to provide the customers “Service Above All”.
Provide technical content support for formal feedback to Product Engineering of global product or component performance and reliability related to design, maintenance, or operations.
Prepare reports with recommended corrective / maintenance action based on data from NOV logging or monitoring systems, input from CBM, customer and field service reports.
Coordinate with internal and external specialists to support complex issue resolution. Cooperate with other business lines to provide the customers “Service Above All”
Maintain close relationships and communication loops with CBM
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Current CAT I or CAT II Vibration Analyst certification from Mobius oe The Vibration Institute.
- Level I or Level II Machine Lubricate Analyst
- 3+ years of relevant work experience. Vibration analysis, oil analysis, heavy equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Must be able to independently resolve a wide variety of technical issues by using current job knowledge, individual research, and external resources.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Be able to manage multiple cases at one time and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Be able to write technical reports
- Able to read mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic drawings as expert
- Action oriented.
- Analytical, Organized.
- Thrives in kinetic, dynamic work environment.
- Strong Customer Focus and are driven by customer satisfaction.
- Acts with honor; strong sense of ethics. Never walk past a problem.
- Works well with multinational team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and professionalism.
- MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Pruftechnik, SPM, or other vibration sensor hardware and software systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical aspects related to design, operations, and maintenance of specific families of NOV Rig Systems equipment.
- Solid reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Understand Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis and condition-based maintenance concepts. (Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM).
- Verbal Communication
- Reliability Centered Maintenance
- Time Management
- Complex Problem Solving