Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person.
Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
THE SOLAR ELECTRICIAN/TECHNICIAN POSITION:
Sunnova Energy Corporation is currently searching for a Solar Electrician/Technician for our Maintenance and Service team in Connecticut. Sunnova owns and maintains a distributed fleet of residential solar systems across 29+ states and several U.S. territories. All monitoring and inbound customer service calls are handled in-house. We utilize a highly skilled team of technicians, as well as third-party service providers, to maintain and service our fleet. The Solar Electrician/Technician’s primary responsibility is to support Operations & Maintenance (O&M) activities by providing quick response to maintain the performance of the solar systems, delivering excellent customer service to our customers and ensuring a smooth workflow and optimally performing solar systems. The Electrician/Technician uses troubleshooting skills to diagnose and repair solar systems at our customer’s residences, which includes rooftop work on systems.
The Electrician/Technician positions fall in a 5-Tier structure. Based on technical experience/competencies, licensure status, equipment training/competencies, certifications, and defined leadership behaviors, the selected candidate(s) will be eligible for a role in an appropriate tier. Progression through the tiers is an opportunity afforded to all technicians/electricians.
Maintenance and Service Tasks:
- Utilizes knowledge, skills, and electrical testing equipment to evaluate systems accurately for maintenance, warranty repairs, design and other purposes; diagnoses and repairs solar and storage systems and electrical components
- Completes quality assurance inspections, documenting corrective actions, and ensuring completion of corrective items within defined timelines
- Submits service reports immediately following work order completion
- Collaborates closely with manufacturers and engineering team to resolve technical issues
- Identifies solutions to resolve technical design problems, including electrical systems used during construction
- Provides training to service staff on system operation, how to identify and resolve issues, repairs, etc.
- Develops and uses knowledge of all roof types and the appropriate flashings and mounts to use on those roofs
- Manages vehicle material stock and equipment inventory
- Maintains compliance with all Sunnova Safety policies and practices
Customer Service/Dealer Relationships
- Provides training to customers about service process, system usage, system operation, system performance and maintenance
- Manages and resolves customer concerns and issues in a timely manner; communicates and documents progress to customer and relevant Sunnova employees
- Documents key communications in appropriate Sunnova software
- Develops positive and professional relationships with dealers and service-only providers in assigned service area
- CT Journeyman's license required
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience as an electrician and 1+ years of experience as solar maintenance technician
- Current valid Driver's license with acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (will be verified)
- Working knowledge of the NEC
- Formal apprenticeship and/or vocational training
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics, and wiring diagrams
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Very strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Able to work an adjusting schedule and respond to emergencies
- Projects a professional appearance
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Assistance may be provided for oversized items
- Able to sit, stand and walk, and drive for up to 8 hours at a time
- Work postures include reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, squatting, crawling, bending, twisting, climbing, and handling objects above/below the shoulder
- Working time is spent working outside, working on residential rooftops, driving to customer residences, and some ground and inside work depending on location of system equipment.
- In some parts of the country, working conditions may include cold and snowy weather, hot and humid weather and everything in between. Must be comfortable working in many different environments.
- Must be willing to travel for some projects; overnight travel estimated up to 50%.
LOCATION: Info included in job post details.
BENEFITS: FULL TIME OPPORTUNITY, $15K SIGNING BONUS, $45 PER HOUR WITH UP TO 10-15 HOURS OVERTIME, COMPANY VEHICLE PROVIDED, OVERTIME, 3 WEEKS PTO, 401K, MEDICAL, VISION AND DENTAL BENEFITS, KEEP COMPANY VEHICLE AFTER 5 YEARS OF EMPLOYMENT
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.