Residential Title Examiner
Why YOU want this position
Since our founding as a groundbreaking provider of oil & gas data, we have evolved our solutions to cover oil & gas analytics, trading & risk, and business automation for customers across the energy industry. Enverus represents this growth while bringing us closer together as one team. Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient, and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Residential Title Examiner to join our team in Chicago. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing sector. Enverus is the right company at the right time.
- Prepare abstracts or title commitments as required by the needs of the department or as assigned.
- Examining deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgments, easements, and plats/maps to determine ownership, encumbrances, and to verify legal descriptions of property
- Prepare property reports and title commitments
- Advanced knowledge of real estate transactions and title insurance operations
- Report to management any comments and suggestions for title plant improvements or enhancements.
- Promptly contact customers when title problems arise on orders to manage delivery expectations.
- Examine documentation such as mortgages, liens, judgments, easements, plat books, maps, contracts, and agreements to verify factors such as properties' legal descriptions, ownership, or restrictions.
- Summarize recorded documents, such as mortgages, trust deeds, and contracts, that affect property titles.
- Read search requests to ascertain the types of title evidence required and to obtain descriptions of properties and names of involved parties.
- Prepare reports describing any title encumbrances encountered during searching activities, and outlining actions needed to clear titles.
- Obtain maps or drawings delineating properties from company title plants, county surveyors, or assessors' offices.
- Examine individual titles to determine if restrictions, such as delinquent taxes, will affect titles and limit property use.
- Confer with realtors, lending institution personnel, buyers, sellers, contractors, surveyors, and courthouse personnel to exchange title-related information or to resolve problems.
- Prepare lists of all legal instruments applying to a specific piece of land and the buildings on it.
- Enter record-keeping systems appropriate data needed to create new title records or update existing ones.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of land-related documents accepted for registration, preparing rejection notices when documents are not acceptable.
- Summarize pertinent legal or insurance details, or sections of statutes or case law from reference books so that they can be used in examinations, or as proofs or ready reference.
- Use Ramquest software to:
- Create title commitments and title reports.
- Compile all documentation relative to title search and examination in FileScan.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in title examination in Texas
- High School graduate: college degree preferred
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- High degree of familiarity with concepts and issues related to the examination of property for the purposes of issuing a title insurance policy
- Dependable, reliable, professional, team player; good attendance expected
- Self-motivated, able to work without direct supervision, and willing to independently meet standards in a production-oriented environment
- Proficient computer skills especially the use of the Internet. Experience using title production software; Ramquest experience preferred.
- Title Insurance
- Mortgage Loans
- Real Estates
- Attention To Detail
- Team Working