Wood is currently seeking expression of interest for Lead Contracts Engineer 1 for a Kuwait based project to to provide contracts and commercial expertise within a project management team (Owner-PMC) responsible for Owner major capital projects execution, from FEED through to operational handover.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Skills / Qualifications
- To be proactive and professional in all interactions with Owner Management personnel
- The timely execution of all pre contract administration activities, to ensure that all assigned capital projects are successfully awarded in line with the schedule
- To ensure that capital projects are executed in full accordance with the contractual obligations and that the commercial interests of Owner are protected at all times
- To ensure strict adherence to Owner policies and procedures throughout the project life cycle
- To demonstrate commitment to raising HSE standards at all stages of project execution
- Establish, with the project manager, the optimum contracting strategy
- Co ordinate and manage the commercial and technical bid document preparation
- Tender period management, bid evaluation, recommendation and Contract award
- Provide contractual advice and guidance to the project manager throughout the project life cycle
- Manage all formal communications from a contractual perspective (internal and external)
- Manage all contractual approvals as required (procurement, subcontracts etc)
- Approval of interim payments to Contractor.
- Review and recommendation of all Contractor variations and claims
- Manage contract close out activities including final account documentation
- Minimum BSc Engineering degree
- Minimum fifteen years post graduate experience
- Minimum five years experience in the oil & gas, refining and petrochemical industries
- Minimum eight years experience in the designation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. [ Link removed ]
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Health Safety And Environment