Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on! To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at [ Link removed ] . For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at [ Link removed ] .
The Cement Superintendent is responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of varied personnel involved in the daily operations of the cement production.
- Ensures plant operations, quality control and production performed by his/her crews meet or exceed the requirements outlined by the Plant Management Team
- Oversees operation of plant equipment in a safe and non-destructive manner
- Indicates when process parameters need to be altered to increase reliability, throughput or reduce/increase labor
- Motivates his/her employees to work safely and productively
- Trains employees concerning operating procedures and equipment modifications and evaluates their skills, abilities, safety practices and behavior
- Conducts and attends daily and weekly safety meetings
- Assigns work schedules, authorizes overtime and time off as permitted by the needs of the department and in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) and Company Policies
- Ensures that the Operations Department tools and equipment are in good working condition and that adequate stocks of consumables are maintained
- Receives and attempts to resolve grievances to the levels provided for by the CBA
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA and MSHA rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Meet and follow Health and safety management system
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the cement making process or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- MSHA Certification required (or must be obtained within reasonable period)
- Strong computer and presentation skills. (Database knowledge, SQL, SAP and Excel Advance preferred
- Demonstrated troubleshooting ability
- Detail oriented and ability to set priorities and complete goals and objectives in a timely and orderly manner
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills with all levels of the organization
- Bargaining Unit experience desirable
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership ability through performance, assessment and interview process is required.
- Ability to physically perform all essential job functions
- Be able to work all hours and shifts including overtime, weekends and holidays
- Ability to manage people
- Occasional exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise and working outdoors
- Must wear all necessary protective equipment while at the location
- Must be able to work outside most of the time
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy work-exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning and/or pulling of controls.
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX offers both competitive pay and benefits. Benefits applicable to this position may include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off, and Holiday Pay, as well as a comprehensive wellness program to help keep employees and their families healthy and well. You can learn more about CEMEX Benefits by visiting the CEMEX USA Benefits and Well-Being page. ([ Link removed ] EEO Statement - En Español
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Warner Robins
Nearest Secondary Market: Macon
- Attention To Detail
- Collective Bargaining
- Decision Making