Commonwealth Fusion Systems (CFS) has the fastest, lowest cost path to commercial fusion energy.
CFS is collaborating with MIT to leverage decades of research combined with new groundbreaking high-temperature superconducting (HTS) magnet technology. HTS magnets will enable compact fusion power plants that can be constructed faster and at lower cost. The mission is to deploy fusion power plants to meet global decarbonization goals as fast as possible. CFS has assembled a team of leaders in tough tech, fusion science, and manufacturing with a track record of rapid execution. Supported by the world’s leading investors, CFS is uniquely positioned to deliver limitless, clean, fusion power to combat climate change. To execute this plan, we are looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well, improve our team by adding diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems, have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits, and have skill sets and experience that relate to this role.
This role is to partner with the business to support the company’s long-term manufacturing objectives through contract negotiations, risk mitigation and meeting schedule. This position will primarily support Infrastructure, Operations, Manufacturing, and Facilities categories. However as the company requirements change, this position will be given the opportunity to support many other indirect categories as needed.This team member will:
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Conduct advanced quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions and performance for category managed. Perform business process analysis and develop models to improve cost. Collaborate with stakeholders to define SLA's and KPI's for suppliers and measure the appropriate criteria, such as: delivery of business results, cost reduction, quality and timeliness of delivery. Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories.
- Drive cost reduction projects including planning, coordinating with stakeholders, estimating completion, and project updates.
- Author contract documents with Legal. Manage contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations. Understand interrelationships between contracts and terms while applying creativity and sound business reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs.
- Utilize creative negotiations to maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk.
- Establish preferred suppliers by category. Create and implement related management programs to develop, continuously improve, manage the performance of, and monitor KPIs of the supply base.
- Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to create strategic sourcing models that optimize the value of products and services that support business unit requirement to maintain continuous cost reduction programs for controllable expenditures. Communicate, manage, and drive compliance to category strategies. Provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Create sourcing strategies for assigned category to reduce risk and meet targets for the Procurement Department including but not limited to payment terms, cash targets, and cost savings.
- Issue purchase orders and resolve blocked invoices related to assigned category.
- Develop and lead efforts to reduce number of transactions for assigned category.
- Skillfully balance the price, delivery, quality, service, and value tradeoffs and rationalize the supply base .
- Adhere to all supply chain policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions including those regarding the procurement of materials, intellectual property, and export compliance.
- Negotiate internally and externally at high levels or with persons of influence frequently.
Additional experience and/or qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance, or another related field
- 4+ years experience in Procurement or Supply Chain
- At least 3 years experience in Indirect
- Hands on experience with an ERP system
- Technical Procurement Expert
- Strong experience negotiating contracts
- Creative negotiating skills
- Exceptional communications skills
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- Works with Integrity
- Strong Customer Service skills
- Remarkable problem-solving skills
- Works well under pressure
- Possesses excellent judgment
- Masters’ degree in the field of Supply Chain, Engineering, Business, Finance, or another related field
- Certifications preferred: A.P.P., C.P.M., CPSM, CSCP, CPIM
- Experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Experience in manufacturing environment
- Ability to work extended periods of computer, teleconference, or phone work either standing or sitting
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
- Business Processes
- Business Requirements
- Certified Professional In Supply Management (Standards Organizations)
- Contract Negotiation