At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
As the demand for our expertise continues to grow, a requirement has arisen for staff Principal or Senior Principal Process Engineers to support our Nuclear Services Business Unit, from our offices in Birchwood, Warrington or Westlakes, Cumbria.
- Supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Front End Engineering Design including:
- Waste retrieval and treatment
- Decommissioning projects
- Nuclear new build
- POCO and care and maintenance projects
- Nuclear fusion
- Design justification or assessment of new and existing process plants as part of safety reports.
- Technical assessment on behalf of Nuclear regulators
- Regulatory interface on behalf of clients
- Feasibility and Optioneering Studies.
- Hazard Identification Studies.
- Process Design Development.
- Business development through participation in bid work (technical and costing / scheduling)
- Leading teams of multidisciplinary engineers, both internally and combined with partner companies, joint-ventures and client teams.
- Leading the production of process deliverables including:
- Process flow sheets,
- PFDs / P&IDs,
- Datasheets and underpinning calculations
- Basis of Design,
- Process Descriptions etc.
- Development and Mentoring of younger engineers (graduates and early career engineers)
- Development and continuous improvement of the Nuclear Services Process Engineering capability through business development, recruitment, and upkeep of standards
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 5 of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a role having direct influence over engineering practice and outcomes.
- Must be a chartered Chemical Engineer
- Demonstrable Experience in a similar role.
- Be able to present information in a variety of forms specifically aimed at a target audience and operate as focal point for technical communications between clients and customers.
- Manage project activities from a technical perspective.
- The ability to lead a team of Engineers and associated cross discipline personnel in the delivery of complex and significantly sized work packages. Able to perform the role of Lead Engineer on large or complex engineering projects.
- Manage project activities from a technical perspective. Familiar with a wide range of technologies and techniques.
Strategic Business Unit