ECNS (Enterprise Cybersecurity and Network Solutions), part of Emerson’s Global Enterprise IT Organisation is looking to recruit a Global Firewall Policy Engineer.
ECNS design and operate our Wide Area Network, External Connectivity, Wireless and Data Switching environments. Over the past few years the number of Firewalls we maintain, and associated rulesets has continued grow, particularly internal segmentation.
This role will be focused on ensuring all our firewalls are operationally maintained to a standard, with a major focus on the maintenance of firewall policy (rules). This includes both external and internal segmentation firewalls.
You will need a good understanding of networking, ports/protocols, a level of knowledge around security and be able work with a global team.
• Work as assigned to ensure firewalls are complying with our firewall standards/policies and where necessary plan and drive changes to mitigate any issues
• Work as assigned on complex firewall implementations and the creation of appropriate rulesets for new projects that have a firewall policy requirement
• Work as assigned on producing and summarizing compliance reports
• Participate as required in our firewall working group to drive standards, best practices, efficiency and automation
• Work to ensure we get the full value from our Firewall Management and Audit/Compliance tools
• Work as assigned to analyse certain aspects of firewall policy and make appropriate recommendations
• Work as assigned to drive firewall health assessments and any remedial actions by priority
• Provide consulting on assigned projects from a firewall policy perspective
• Work to educate our IT and Application community around the use of next generation firewalls, the protection they provide and how they can ensure these do not delay the deployment of their applications
• BA/BS in Information Systems or related area required About Emerson
• Excellent Communication and Teamwork skills
• Advanced English language skills (verbal, reading, writing, understanding)
• Experience of working in a global environment essential
• Process Discipline and Documentation skills essential
• Minimum of ten years experience in the design, implementation and operation of networks, including firewalling
• Experience in solving complex issues, simplifying them and driving them to resolution
• Experience with an Enterprise Firewall Platform, Cisco or Palo Alto preferred
• Experience with a Firewall Assessment Tool such as Firemon preferred but not essential
• Experience with Service Now and its change management system preferred but not essential
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.