Lead Instrument Engineer
Our Client are looking for a Lead Instrument Engineer to join their team. Main responsibility is to deliver brownfield modification deliverables for assigned work in accordance with the applicable procedures and standards within the man hour and cost budgets and the project schedule targets. You will have a minimum of 10 years' relevant experience working in a UKCS brownfield modification environment.
In this role, you are accountable for management of the electrical engineering discipline reporting to the project & engineering manager. As lead engineer, your prime responsibilities are:
* Maintain technical integrity & design accuracy ensuring work is completed in accordance with relevant codes, standards and procedures.
* Supervision of discipline engineers and designers
* Approval, checking and preparation of design/engineering documentation
* Provide technical assistance to business development strategies, activities, and initiatives.
* Provide discipline input to project plans and reporting progress
* Undertake training of less experienced engineers, including duties as a mentor.
* The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience as a lead engineer in brownfield Concept, FEED and Detail Engineering projects and are able to deliver the scope on a project on time and within budget.
* Brownfield modification experience in onshore and offshore oil & gas environments is essential.
* MSc, Meng or equivalent professional qualification or BSc, BEng or equivalent with relevant experience.
* Experience preparing engineering man-hour and material estimates.
* Ability to work efficiently and effectively managing multiple tasks and projects.
* Must be self-motivated, flexible, able to work to project schedules.
* Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills including dealing with clients, vendors and third parties.
* Offshore survival and medical preferred.
* Member of a relevant professional engineering institution preferred.
Our role in supporting diversity
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
- Business Development
- Electrical Engineering
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Offshore Work
- Oil And Gas