- Leading, directing and improving the operation and maintenance of multiple landfill gas processing and power generating sites. Facilities include one or more of the following operations: gas compression, electric generation with recip engine/generator sets, landfill natural gas processing plant, H2S removal, CO2 removal via membrane or solvent process, nitrogen rejection unit.
- Leading a group of Operations Specialists with mechanical, operations and instrumentation skills.
- Leading, directing and improving behavior and culture in the areas of safety, customer service, leadership, and communication.
- Making data driven and strategic decisions regarding work assignments, personnel training, and budget control in response to direction received in the form of corporate and team goals, annual objectives, business requirements and company policy.
- Reports to Operations Director.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Lead, direct, supervise, evaluate and develop company employees for a department of 10-20 employees.
- Reflect and drive the KM corporate values of Integrity, Accountability, Safety & Excellence in communication, actions and results.
- Ensure work is completed safely and in compliance with regulations and corporate policies.
- Manage and forecast RNG gas production, energy production and outage planning.
Bachelor degree (engineering preferred) Consideration may be given to candidates with extensive plant experience (10+ years) including 5+ years of leadership experience.Experience / specific knowledge:
- 10+ years in one or more of the following energy industries: gas production, gas processing, gas transmission or distribution, power generation, or manufacturing using chemical processes.
- Leadership and supervisory experience.
Certifications, licenses, registrations: Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Competencies, skills, and abilities:
- Proactive decision making with commensurate analytical skills.
- High competency in managing safety and operational excellence.
- Effective leadership in teaching and driving corporate values.
- High competency in cost tracking, projection and control.
- Effective leadership, coaching and teambuilding skills.
- High competency in communicating project status, opportunities and risks.
- Effective performance management competencies including skills evaluation, advancement or discipline recommendations, development planning, career potential and compensation analysis.
- Ability to initiate, nurture and lead a questioning culture allowing new ideas and methods to be considered.
- Frequent (multiple times per month) travel to field/plant sites.
- Ability to traverse in construction sites with limited access/egress and potentially hazardous conditions.
- Ability to hear communications from others and give input/instructions orally
- Ability to see in order to observe employees, operations, processes, equipment and facilities.
- Mixture of office environment, vehicle, job sites.
- Working after hours, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call as needed
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Business Requirements
- Chemical Process
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service