You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
Petrofac is looking to recruit a Senior Marine Engineer to join our Operated Assets based in Aberdeen, U.K.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR MARINE ENGINEER
- Accountable for providing the day to day operational marine engineering support and to define and drive short, medium and long term strategies for offshore marine systems.
- Ensuring that the installation integrity, reliability, availability and maintainability of the relevant marine equipment is optimised, so that the safety of the asset is maintained, and the production targets can be achieved.
- Provide first line onshore support for the planning, execution and reprioritising of the marine strategy, implementation of planned and corrective maintenance on marine systems to ensure compliance with the Asset Written Scheme of Examination as well as Class & Flag as appropriate.
- Responsible and accountable onshore engineer for the performance of all marine systems including ballast & bilge, mooring system, watertight closure and marine management system.
- Actively support a working culture based on respect for health, safety and environmental issues and maintenance of a high level of asset integrity.
- Drive compliance with Engineering Management of Change procedure.
- Provide expertise and input to the CMMS system to optimise effectiveness ensuring robust compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
- Integrating maintenance change and control through monitoring, implementation and analysis using best practice marine strategy and techniques.
- Day to Day interaction with offshore Marine Supervisor to prioritise marine concerns.
- Assist with planned maintenance assurance activities to achieve the delivery of programme against Marine Integrity MAH Barriers.
- Monitor operational performance standard to facilitate the annual review with discipline Technical Authority.
- Liaise and performance manage, as appropriate, key vendors within the marine sphere.
- Form part of the risk assessment team for marine related ORAs Operational risk assessment engagement with the independent verification body.
- Input and ownership as appropriate of budget for all aspects of the associated marine systems for the relevant asset.
- Where required assist asset mechanical engineer with mechanical handling and lifting plant and equipment including main cranes, fixed and loose lifting equipment, winches and lifeboats.
- Where required, fulfil role of responsible and accountable engineer for Helideck systems outlined within the Performance Standards.
- Delivery of business and technical reports as required by line management and client.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard.
- Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Relevant onshore & offshore experience.
- Experience of working with semi-submersible platforms & FPSO’s.
- Asset Integrity Management Systems
- Corrective Maintenance
- Flexible Working
- Management Systems
- Oil And Gas
Job ID: 074103