Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
URL blocked - click to applywe are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
A Senior Designer is required to undertake detail design activities on the SCP project. The senior designer shall be capable of developing the following:
• Block Cable Diagrams
• Schematic Drawings
• Wiring Drawings
• General Arrangements
• Panel Layout Drawings
• Typical installation Drawings
• Single Line Diagrams (via AVEVA)
• Small Power and Lighting
• Instrument Loop Drawings (via AVEVA)
• Instrument Hook-Up drawings (via AVEVA)
• Instrument Mounting/Frame Drawing
• Cable Schedules (AVEVA)
• Equipment Schedules (AVEVA)
The candidate shall be fully capable of developing designs based on AutoCAD blocks.
The particular candidate shall be capable of developing General Arrangements, based on equipment data sheets and Schematic Diagrams, selecting appropriate panel sizes and external layout of equipment and indicators/controls.
The candidate shall be capable of working without any direct supervision, with input from Principal and Senior Engineers into their designs.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Extensive experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 2 years of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.
• Developing and designing Drawings and designs.
• Must have good knowledge of process instrumentation.
• Must have excellent knowledge of electrical panel design processes.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
• Knowledge of AVEVA Instrumentation and AVEVA Electrical shall be advantageous.
• Candidates shall be required to have or be able to gain a P1 pass however, this is not mandatory.