Requisition ID: 126420
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Structural Engineer.
We are seeking to add a highly motivated senior level licensed Professional Engineer to our team of multi-disciplinary licensed engineers. The individual will have knowledge in the behavior of structural systems and their components relating to residential, commercial, industrial facilities, marine and inland structures. Experience in performing analysis on building systems, authoring technical reports, and construction support services. Building system types include, but not limited to, steel, concrete, masonry, wood, roofing and building envelopes.
You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of Woodcliff Lake, NJ and typically requires less than 10 percent travel depending on project activity.
• Fieldwork to document as-built conditions of structural systems
• Utilize building codes, technical knowledge of structural behavior, and understanding of construction practices to establish design and/or repair scope recommendations as well as cause and origin analyses.
• Evaluate design drawings and documentation.
• Communicate with Clients and construction team and provide detailed reports.
• Manage multiple project assignments, executing them on time and within budget.
• Willing to travel, as needed.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited program required.
• PE License is required. Multiple state registrations (or ability to obtain) a plus.
• 7+ Years Structural Engineering experience in design or other backgrounds that promotes an understanding of structural behavior.
• Knowledge of national building and construction codes (ASCE, AISC, ACI, NDS, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience of structural engineering concepts, principles, and practices.
• Knowledge of multiple types of construction, a plus.
• Field experience a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Structural Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Engineering Design Process