Regal Rexnord Corporation (RRX) is approximately a %245B publicly traded global manufacturer of electric motors and controls, electrical components, power transmission and motion control products serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food %26amp; beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. The company has approximately 29,000 global associates with significant operations in the US, Mexico, Europe, China, and India. Regal Rexnord Corporation is the result of a merger between Regal Beloit Corporation and Rexnord%26rsquo;s PMC business which was completed in 2021. The headquarters for Regal Rexnord is located in Beloit, WI with an executive satellite office in Rosemont, IL and a substantial operating presence in Milwaukee, WI.
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. Our products enable the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep e-commerce flowing.
Our business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. For us, this means creating innovative solutions while focused on customer needs and our commitment to sustainability. Join our team to create your better tomorrow.
The Associate General Counsel %26amp; Global Compliance Director is a member of the Regal Rexnord legal team, with practice experience in the corporate ethics and compliance specialty. S/he is responsible for Regal Rexnord%26rsquo;s global corporate compliance program, which is designed to promote and advance our culture of ethics and compliance%26mdash;ensuring that associates, customers, suppliers and investors will continuously recognize and be recognized for living up to Regal Rexnord%26rsquo;s core values every day. This legal team member also has primary responsibility to provide and direct the delivery of best-in-class advice on corporate, legal and regulatory compliance across a variety of legal issues and risk areas, including anti-corruption, conflicts of interest, business partner relationships, government contracting (e.g., CAGE code registrations, JCP certifications, and other similar registrations/certifications), political activities, social accountability and human rights, health and welfare standards, diversity, engagement and inclusion, sustainability and ethics, and will be a key contributor in our continuing environmental, sustainability and governance (ESG) journey. This is a unique opportunity to join the legal team of a quickly-growing, global company and play a key role in designing, maintaining and enhancing Regal Rexnord%26rsquo;s compliance function.
This position will report directly to our VP, General Counsel and Secretary.
- Designs, maintains and enhances Regal Rexnord%26rsquo;s compliance program with ongoing projects and initiatives in six key areas:
Risk Assessment - quickly becomes knowledgeable about our products, the people and organizations that we serve and the local communities of which we are a part, and works collaboratively with other Regal Rexnord functions to effectively identify and mitigate enterprise risk
Governance and Structure %26ndash; responsible for designing and continuously improving compliance program to reflect the laws, regulations and enterprise risk that currently impacts Regal Rexnord
Policies, Procedures and Controls %26ndash; ensures that all key ethics and compliance policies are maintained on a regular cadence and establishes effective controls for monitoring policy compliance
Training and Education %26ndash; develops and delivers compliance training and communications across legal risk areas
Oversight and Reporting %26ndash; effectively uses data and reporting tools to track compliance program quality and engages with internal and external assessment functions to examine the sufficiency of our compliance program design and operationalization
Response and Enhancements %26ndash; with urgency, drives remediation efforts identified through data/reporting and program assessment
- Supports business leaders and compliance champions within our global operating segments and regions. Collaborates with other legal team members, as well as outside counsel and other service providers. Works closely with Environmental, Health and Safety, Global Trade Compliance, Corporate Internal Audit, Human Resources, and other corporate functions. Together with other legal team members, provides legal advice and support in furtherance of Regal Rexnord%26rsquo;s environmental and social initiatives.
- Oversees and manages the Regal Rexnord Integrity Line and, in conjunction, reviews and investigates various submissions to the Integrity Line, reports on results and trends, and drives actions, both proactively and in response, to improve the system and messaging to continuously reinforce behaviors consistent with our values.
- Provides practical, actionable legal analysis and advice to enhance our business%26rsquo;s ability to produce and market its products and other offerings.
- Obtains and oversees legal and related services from law firms and other providers and manages costs consistent with Regal Rexnord%26rsquo;s and our legal team%26rsquo;s budget objectives.
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment working either autonomously or within teams and with business leaders around the globe.
Required Education / Experience / Skills:
The Associate General Counsel %26amp; Global Compliance Director must possess the following:
- JD degree from accredited US law school and current state bar membership in good standing
- 7 years of experience counseling business clients in corporate compliance subjects, including experience handling ethics and compliance challenges and investigating integrity concerns
- Proven ability to lead global compliance function of public company
- Advanced communication skills and ability to understand, interpret and appropriately convey business, legal and compliance information to others
- Experience establishing disciplined processes and driving continuous improvement and performance
- Results and detail-oriented
- Well-developed skills in the use of personal computing technology including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as legal billing and compliance related software tools
Desired Additional Qualifications:
The following would enhance performance in the role:
- Exposure to manufacturing and global industrial businesses
- Experience in related practice areas and concepts such as environmental law, sustainability, social accountability, SEC compliance, employment and labor, etc.
- Mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Bachelor%26rsquo;s Degree in business or technical field
- Business training or exposure to working with financial statements
- Understanding of 80/20 and Continuous Improvement methodologies
- International experience
Travel: Likely to Travel 20% Language: English
- Attention To Detail
- Business Ethics
- Business Process Improvement