What We’re Looking For
We are looking for creative, self-directed individuals who have an aptitude for electronics and firmware, who enjoy collaboration, who love working on innovative products, who want to learn and share, and who want their work to make an impact.
In particular, we are looking to hire an Electronics Engineer with a solid background in Hardware development to join our Engineering Department and help strengthen our competency in the areas of smart, and IoT connected tools. RIDGID has a bright future in this space and is looking for motivated individuals to help us design and build the next generation of technology-enabled products.
We need individuals who can evaluate new technologies and sensors, and design electronics modules and printed circuit boards as well as developing the firmware to control these modules. The Electronics Engineer needs to be hands-on to make full use of RIDGID’s Electronics Lab and prototyping capabilities.
We are looking for team players who want to collaborate in a cross-functional environment to design and build new tools and innovative solutions that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations. Other team members regularly consist of Mechanical and Software Engineers, as well individuals from the Sourcing, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and Manufacturing teams.
If you have a strong interest in electronics, motors, connectivity, the “Internet of Things” (IoT), and controls, and if you want to play a vital role in the future of one of the most trusted brands in the business, then you’ll be a great fit!
Why Are We Hiring an Electronics Engineer?
RIDGID’s portfolio of connected products continues to expand, and so does our need for Electrical Engineers and Firmware developers. Connected products require an in-depth understanding of the technologies involved; not only from a capabilities perspective, but also from a size, durability, and cost perspective. With the proliferation of mobile apps and cloud-based solutions, we’ll need to stay in-tune with connectivity solutions like Bluetooth, cellular, WIFI, etc. We’re looking to hire an Electronics Engineer who can do the hands-on activities of an engineer, but can also help move our professional tools strategy of standardizing controllers and firmware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create electric and electronic designs for new products using state-of-the-art technology
- Assist in supplier selection for PCBAs and electronic and electric components.
- Collaborate with the Software Engineering team in designing electronics solutions and comm–unication protocols that enable mobile apps or cloud solutions (e.g. via Bluetooth, WIFI, or cellular)
- Conduct concept or feasibility studies of new ideas on control logic and other electronics applications. Determine technical principles, assess technology matches, and establish basic design criteria to deliver electronic hardware solutions for new and existing tools.
- Design circuit layouts, select components, and build PCBA prototypes for proof of concept models that meet technical specifications and cost targets.
- Perform cost analysis and cost estimates of proposed PCBAs.
- Select or specify motors for powered tools.
- Closely work with battery manufacturers to define specifications for batteries and chargers. Develop battery test procedures and test fixtures, and conduct qualification testing.
- Develop test plans for electronic circuitry, and perform qualification testing including functional testing, life testing, and stress testing; EMI and IEC testing.
- Develop firmware for corded and cordless power tools.
- Drive projects to timely completion by close collaboration with other functional team members.
- Bachelor’s degree In Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or Electrical And Computer Engineering (BSECE) from accredited college or university required.
- Related experience in product development of electro-mechanical products desired.
- Experience with firmware development in Visual Studio and/or Eclipse IDE environments.
- Experience working with Bluetooth/BLE, WIFI, or cellular-enabled products.
- Experience with ARM core M0 , M4 and different microcontroller architectures.
- Familiarity with reflow soldering
- Familiarity with PCB Design software like Altium, OrCAD, Allegro and/or Circuit Design Suite
[ Link removed ]
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. [ Link removed ] .
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our[ Link removed ] and about [ Link removed ] .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to [ Link removed ] .
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $18.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. We are innovators, question-askers and problem-solvers. We don’t settle for good enough or “This is the way it’s always been done.” Instead, we push ourselves and strive for the “never been done before.”
Our Automation Solutions business enables the greatest use of the world's most valuable resources, ensuring the performance and safety of industries that are the backbone of daily life.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
No calls or agencies please.
Printed Circuit Boards Design
Integrated Circuit Layout