Requisition ID: 147566
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate opening for a dynamic Mid-Level Roadway Engineer in our growing office based in Laval, QC. We are looking for the talent with roadway design experience to provide technical designs, oversight and interdisciplinary coordination on highway design build projects in Canada and USA.
KIE is a multi-faceted and leading-edge district of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, rail, and materials disciplines.
We offer our full-time employees a comprehensive benefits plan that is among the best in our industry, including top-notch medical, dental and vision care for eligible employees and dependents, employee wellness and assistance programs, life insurance, disability insurance, pension plan and generous paid leave.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety.
We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company where you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America.
This role will be based in our office in Laval, QC
- Produce geometric drawings (horizontal alignments, vertical alignments, typical sections, superelevations) and road and highway signage drawings, in accordance with industry design standards, including those from Transportation Association of Canada (TAC).
- Coordinate the various professional bodies involved in design to ensure that project elements are integrated and constructible.
- Develop preliminary design concepts for highways, including geometry, signage, construction staging and 3D models.
- Create presentations for meetings and proposals.
- Produce final plans for project elements, including geometric and laning plans, pavement plans, drainage plans, signage and pavement marking plans, traffic maintenance plans, wall plans and profile sheets.
- 3-8 years of civil / road design experience with an emphasis on design-build projects.
- Registered as a Professional Engineer.
- Experience in signage, an asset.
- Knowledge of MicroStation, AutoCAD, InRoads/OpenRoads or Civil3D with skills for mentoring and training entry-level staff.
- Experience in the preparation of sheets and sets of plans as well as in design-build projects.
- Critical thinking with planning and conceptualization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Fluent in French and English.
- Be available for business travel within North America.
Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by a Health Canada-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- 3d Model
- Auto Cad
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Conceptual Model