As a member of the Diagnostics team, the Electrical Engineer will work as part of the team in the development of General Fusion’s Fusion Demonstration Plant. This is a broader support role to the diagnostics team and the work will focus on design of signal capture & processing equipment for plasma diagnostics for both directly for and in support of the Fusion Demonstration Plant.
- Design of signal capture & processing equipment/algorithms for plasma diagnostics.
- Signal processing – software design & implementation.
- Experience with Signal processing – hardware & software.
- DAQ design & implementation.
- Working with spice modelling / circuit transfer design.
Relevant Education, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong knowledge in sensor design
- Experience designing for high electrical noise environments
- EMI/EMC experience
- DAQ design & implementation experience
- Flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment
- 8-10 years’ experience in designing electronics for pulsed/ switch power environments
- Experience in designing & validating prototypes in a research and development setting.
- Signal processing – software design & implementation experience
- Signal processing – hardware- design & development experience
The work involved in this project combines a wide range of skill sets, and each team member will need to become familiar with the full scope of the plasma development and understand how their work relates to the whole. This is a broader support role to the diagnostics team. General Fusion seeks individuals who are self-motivated, have good communication skills and are comfortable with creative problem solving independently and within a group.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Contribution
- Support for professional development
- Great company culture – social events, food trucks, bike rides, Sun Run, etc.
Please send your resume to [ Link removed ] noting “Job Ref# RR-2021-03“ in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Fusion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
- Electrical Engineering
- Hardware Design
- Signal Processing
- Creative Problem Solving