Eaton’s Power Delivery division is currently seeking a Process Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Olean, NY facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Process Engineer is focused on production quality, yield improvements, and product targeting within site operations. The position requires engagement in multiple projects including improvement of process methods, increasing throughput, and reducing the risk of poor quality and late delivery to customers. This position reports directly to the OpEx/Manufacturing Engineering Manager and will have direct interaction with Product Engineering and Production as well as various support functions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Become the Ceramic Processing expert for the facility.
- Ensure that all critical to quality characteristics are identified, measured, and documented on the Control Plan.
- Determine the correct firing profile and temperature to achieve desired results on all product families. Lead controlled experiments to optimize process.
- Report performance of operations on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Measure and improve first pass yield on all product classes.
- Review SPC data.
- Data mine all relevant information on batch processing and publish results.
- Lead all improvement activities to optimize product and processing.
- Present statistical data in professional manner.
- Own all safety and equipment maintenance requirements. Ensure preventive and repair maintenance is complete.
- Interact with other departments; quality, operations and suppliers to achieve objectives as part of a product and process improvement team.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- URL blocked - click to apply
- Minimum of one (1) year of ceramic manufacturing or materials science engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in finishing of ceramic materials.
- SAP business system experience.
- Lean or six sigma training/certifications.
Position Success Criteria :
- Ability to coordinate engineering projects and demonstrate engineering technical expertise to a team.
- Excellent communication skills and proficient engineering report writing skills.
- Must have the ability to function in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision, while performing multiple tasks.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills to interface with managers, vendors, customers and peers.
- Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of equipment efficiency concepts such as OEE (overall equipment efficiency).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Complex Problem Solving