Requisition ID: 139339
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers
Department: Design Build Management
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering has an immediate opening for a dynamic Design Manager in our growing Design Build Delivery Group,ideally based in our Chicago Illinois, but will consider other locations based on the individual. The Design Manager is an integral part of our team of implementation experts dedicated to the three essentials of our business: Get Work at the Right Price, Build Work at the Lowest Cost and Take Care Care of our assets! In this role you will support new pursuits in the Illinois market, as well as ultimately manage projects and help build the teams that will execute the work! You will be expected to coordinate work on an interdisciplinary team including: transit engineering, transportation architecture, geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and construction experts. Be a part of a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects across North America!
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of Chicago, Illinois but consideration will be made for other locations with frequent travel to Chicago. We offer relocation to candidates that are willing to relocate to the area. Travel will be required to other Kiewit offices and project locations.
- Overall management of the project design-build team
- Facilitates effective communication between design and construction
- Plans and coordinates the activities of the design-build process with all stakeholder
- Resolves conflicts that arise through partnering with designers, clients, and contractor
- Has a detailed understanding of all contractual obligations for the project to ensure design requirements of the contract are met
- Supports construction priorities and ensure their implementation through the design
- Promotes design-build best practices, including constructability reviews, schedule and quantity management
- Monitors and tracks the design schedule and design budget
- Connects appropriate Kiewit Engineering support resources to projects
- Manages and interprets data and results for multiple projects
- Owns the proposal design estimate and Engineering Contracts for his/her project
- Identifies current and future risks
- Provide support to other areas as required
- Ability to travel as needed (50%)
- 15+ years' experience with focus on Design-Build Management for Transportation projects, with at least 5 years experience managing teams for design/build projects in transportation, preferably in Rail/Transit .
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, related engineering degree, or construction operations
- Experience managing programs/projects in all aspects (Client negotiation, Contract management, scheduling, resource management, budgeting, business development functions)
- Significant experience and understanding with construction
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
Base Compensation: $98,838 - $161,861
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Attention To Detail
- Build Management
- Build Process
- Business Development
- Civil Engineering