You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
About this role: Pipeline Engineer
Seeking a Pipeline Engineer who is able to manage pipeline integrity and repair programs such as in line inspections, excavations and direct inspections, air to ground interface inspections, cathodic protection, corrosion growth analysis, fitness for service calculations, and welding procedures, to meet Safety Management Plan
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
The main functions of a Pipeline Engineer is to evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and manage the pipeline and subsea activities in early part of the project phases.
- Provide pipeline engineering inputs.
- Provide technical authority assurance role.
- Define fit for purpose pipeline solutions.
- Lead pipeline feasibility and concept select studies, performing pipeline routing studies, execute hydraulic analyses, perform onshore/offshore pipeline mechanical design including support for material selection, cost estimating and constructability reviews.
- Project Management and supervision of 3rd Party Contractor activities, review, improve and approve Front End Engineering and Design, and Detailed Design documents.
- Assess development risks, including HS&E assessment, and propose mitigation plan.
- Plan and implement assurance process at key stages of the development.
- Support the Business Planning and Work Program and Budget exercise.
- Focus on Standard Solution & New Business Development opportunities from identify stage to Basis for Design.
- Ensure deployment of new technology and drive applications gaining acceptance with the projects/assets leaders.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty or equivalent professional experience
- Oil and gas experience preferred
- Broad experience in business and project planning.
- Broad experience in dealing with front end project delivery.
- Broad experience of working with sub-surface disciplines.
- Requires broad knowledge of offshore facilities, and offshore facilities project delivery and awareness of worldwide practices, successes, failures and technical benchmarks.
- Broad knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
- Docklands Based role
- Monday- Friday roster
- 12 month contract (to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
- Business Communication
- Business Development
- Business Planning
Job ID: PUB390811