Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
We wish to recruit a principal consultant to work in our office at Harwell near Oxford in the Radioactive Waste Management Consultancy business (other locations will be considered). The successful candidate should be self-motivated and have established technical expertise and project management experience in the area of radioactive waste management. The post offers the opportunity to lead consultancy project portfolios/frameworks, business development activities and technical delivery. Excellent technical writing skills for production and peer review of high quality technical reports as well as successful proposals is a key requirement. There is opportunity to support the team leader with the development of skills in more junior members of the team with potential for line management responsibilities. The vacancy provides an excellent opportunity for those wishing to develop their careers in our technically and commercially challenging business.
Jacobs is committed to the continuing professional development of our staff. You will have excellent opportunities to drive your own progression in areas of technical, management and business development capabilities whilst broadening the wider interests of our company.
Work on a range of consultancy projects for customers including radioactive waste producers, radioactive waste management organisations and regulators, both in the UK and overseas. Work includes a wide variety of activities across the areas of integrated radioactive waste management, spent fuels and nuclear materials. Depending on the specialisms and experience of the applicant, work could include:
- Management or technical delivery of consultancy projects within your area of specialism.
- Management of frameworks and/or project portfolios.
- Management of customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Business development activities including, but not limited to, technical bid writing.
- Identifying and leading strategic growth opportunities.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Self-motivated, flexible, innovative and able to work on a number of varied projects and opportunities.
- Broad knowledge of radioactive waste management issues.
- Proven project management skills and good commercial awareness.
- Ability to create, lead and/or develop project portfolios.
- Experience in developing proposals and leading business development activities.
- Strong stakeholder management capabilities and influencing skills that will drive the performance of others.
- Excellent technical writing/reviewing skills.
- A good first degree (2:1 or better) or higher degree in a physical science, chemistry or engineering discipline OR equivalent training/experience.
- Chartership with a relevant professional institute is desirable but not essential
- Project management qualification is desirable but not essential
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.