At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon! PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manage (or support a Principal or Senior Project Manager with the management of) transmission, substation, distribution, gas, and/or information technology projects consisting of cross-functional teams that can involve multiple disciplines and multiple operating areas including contract resources. Responsible for managing or supporting the management of project's scope, schedule, budget, and safety performance of multiple projects and programs. Leads or supports project teams through business case / capital approval process, development and execution of project plans and project closeout. These projects have budgets that will typically range from $250K to $5 million. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24/7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies. PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Responsible and accountable for leading or supporting overall project and program performance for projects / programs including transmission, substation, distribution, gas, information technology, and organizational initiatives. (25%)
- Ensures project / program costs, schedule, scope and risks are managed, including the development of recovery plans, to stay within approved limits schedule and spending. (20%)
- Interface with external and internal stakeholders to coordinate project requirements. (15%)
- Interface effectively forming good working relationships with team members, line managers, internal interfacing organizations and contract service providers as applicable. (10%)
- When leading projects, is the primary communicator with the sponsor and key stakeholders on project issues, including executive level and interdepartmental presentations. When supporting larger projects, provides project lead with information required for effective communication with key stakeholders. (10%)
- Coaches and leads team members to ensure project team members understand their respective responsibilities and complete assigned tasks. (10%)
- When leading projects, identify and obtain project team resources with the assistance of Manager � Project Management. When supporting larger projects, helps ensure all team resources are identified and obtained. (10%)
The Project Manager is an individual contributor accountable for leading projects for various organizations. In this role, the Project Manager will actively manage or support a Principal or Senior Project Manager with management of performance, scope, budget and schedule within approved parameters and providing structured and detailed reports to the appropriate Management team. Tasks may include but are not limited to, ensuring the completion of business cases, budgetary approvals, project scheduling, requirements engineering, design and engineering tasks, vegetation management reviews, project reporting, project financial analysis, major equipment procurement, environmental analysis, obtaining real estate and relationship management with external customers, vendors, state and local agencies, and regulatory agencies. Interacts routinely with key internal and external stakeholders including senior management, the Utility's customers, and governmental and regulatory officials.
Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- For construction project management: Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field and 2 - 5 years relevant project management or related experience, OR High School Diploma and 6 - 9 years relevant project management or related experience;
- For non-construction project management: Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field and 2 - 5 years relevant project management or related experience, OR High School Diploma and 6 - 9 years relevant project management or related experience
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change
- Ability to work independently and as a team leader including the ability to handle conflicting priorities in a multi-task environment
- Demonstrated leadership, communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance
- Demonstrated strong judgment and time management skills
- Demonstrated project management skills, writing skills and PC skills including Work, Excel, Access, Power Point, Project, Passport
- Valid driver's license and access to an automobile
- Experience or knowledge of the specific functional area or discipline (e.g., Utility design/planning/ construction or Information Technology experience)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience managing projects
- Understanding of job budgeting, costing and performance metrics reporting
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Business Relationship Management
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Culture Change
- Electrical Substation