Requisition ID: 132540
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit is one of North America’s largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned organization operates through a network of subsidiaries in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation; oil, gas and chemical; power; building; water/wastewater; industrial; and mining. Kiewit had 2020 revenues of $12.5 billion and employs 27,000 staff and craft employees.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is looking for a Manager of Environmental Permitting for our Lenexa, KS engineering office.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
We are a high performing team of engineers and designers that develop projects through the project life-cycle engaging exciting projects throughout North America. Our staff leads the power markets engineering process and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Lead Business Development and Networking for environmental permitting projects
• Lead proposal and pricing efforts for environmental permitting projects
• Lead interface with clients and permitting agencies for environmental permitting
• Provide interpretations of permitting regulations to other parties within Kiewit and our external clients
• Support development of permit applications and amendments, reports, regulatory submissions, and data analysis
• Oversee environmental permitting efforts associated with facility development, construction, and operation. This role will serve as a resource across multiple business lines including power, water, industrial, and oil and gas.
• Develop and mentor staff
• Review federal regulation updates and industry best practices to provide the Company with the information necessary for compliance and training
• Creation and execution of training, processes, and documentation to achieve and maintain compliance
• Develop full service environmental permitting department
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, or similar field required
• Master's Degree or Juris Doctorate preferred
• Minimum of 10 years of experience with environmental permitting and project management
• Proven capability for effective management of industry, government, and public contracts
• Ability to actively participate in public meetings and hearings.
• Ability to negotiate effectively with regulatory agencies.
• Intimate knowledge of the National Environmental Policy Act, CEQA, Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and Endangered Species Act.
• Ability to review and understand state and local wildlife and permitting regulations and supporting legal counsel in interpreting and developing compliance strategies.
• Professional Engineer preferred
• Domestic travel required up to 20% of the time
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Business Development
- Construction Management
- Contract Management