Requisition ID: 116719
Job Level: Senior Level
Employment Type: Full Time
The Commissioning Manager performs the essential job duties and functions of overseeing assigned projects with the overall objective of defining and establishing a pre-commissioning, commissioning, Start-Up and handover execution framework on the project(s) while ensuring the safety, quality, value, timeliness, of the assigned project(s). This includes developing, managing and executing all commissioning and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This role directs staff in various functions necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project commissioning objectives. It requires authoritative knowledge and extensive technical & operational background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease and see the overall picture and alternative approaches.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have the expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, bio diesel and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes commissioning/startup, structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
This position is based out of the Energy Corridor in Houston, TX
• Key role in directing a team to develop the test & commissioning procedures for a Bio Diesel Hydrotreater facility.
• Manage & supervise the commissioning of various utility, process, control, electrical, fire and gas, safety systems, etc.
• Work closely with various stakeholders including the Project Manager, Engineering Managers, and the Construction Team to provide subject-matter expert advice and leadership.
• Responsible for functionally developing, managing and delivering the means and methods of the commissioning execution strategy, schedule, and cost.
• Lead & direct all commissioning activity for a project including the lead staff position responsible for and directing all commissioning activities at the site.
• Ensures best practices by developing and implementing turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, preservation and maintenance processes and systems considering, including: contractual requirements, project, and construction schedule, reliability, maintenance, materials management, change management, permitting and EPA requirements.
• Establishes system boundaries, scopes of work, and turnover / commissioning execution plans.
• Communicates turnover / commissioning roles and scope for members of design and construction teams; understands the commissioning test plans/protocols, and coordinates and/or attends design, construction and operability reviews to meet project deadlines while continually monitoring critical path and prepare schedule impact reports for project management
• Provide input on as-built drawing preparation and fleet management documentation.
• Be involved & participate in vendor supplier, and/or subcontractor meetings to resolve issues.
• Proactively assess progress, completion forecasts and provides solutions to mitigate schedule delays or optimize project completion.
• Planning and scheduling for owner interfaces.
• Track and report budget expenditures against projected budget.
• Lead and promote company and site safety policies.
• Hold and/or attend daily safety meetings.
• Lead and participate in field audits at critical milestone periods, LOTO, and turnover documentation.
• Review and sign all timecards and requisitions charged against the commissioning budget.
• Review and supervise test procedures and coordinates testing activities.
• Supervise Commissioning database maintenance, drawing updates, and track all engineering documents for turnover packages.
• Ensure availability of spare parts and consumables for initial systems operation.
• Hold daily, weekly, and monthly progress meetings and issues timely reports.
• Evaluate test results.
• Responsible for communication to the district office for additional field support.
• Assist in development of technical specifications for site administered contracts.
• Train and develops personnel.
• Promote and insist on good housekeeping in the office and on the project site.
• Promote and ensure compliance with all applicable OSHA, ANSI and other Safety requirements
• Should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or, 10 to 15 years of equivalent work experience.
• 15+ years of CSU experience, including (preferred) one previous assignment in a Senior CSU Leadership Role at a Bio Diesel Hydrotreating facility.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 10 years of prior experience working on Bio Diesel Projects.
• Strong Knowledge of process technology and the technical principles related to Bio Diesel Hydrotreating plants.
• Knowledge of internal engineering systems and tools.
• Understanding of Flow Measurement, Engineering practices, design methods & calculations. Knowledge of PC, Windows, Office Software and IT implementation background.
• Oil and Gas Industry Safety Standards and requirements.
• Capable to Read, interpret & prepare applicable technical information.
• Knowledge and maintenance of PLC and PC based control systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Computer Control Systems
Oil And Gas