The basic function of the position is to devote his/her full time and attention to tending the diver he/she is assigned to from the preparation of the dive until its completion, including any in-water decompression required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the diver in dressing and undressing.
- Confirm the diver’s equipment is functioning properly and inform the Diving Supervisor that the diver is ready.
- Tend the diver’s umbilical (keeping at least one hand on the umbilical at all times) and be aware of the diver’s depth and location at all times.
- Set up and operate all equipment as directed by the supervisor or his representative.
- Perform routine maintenance on all diving equipment.
- Repair such equipment as he is qualified to check-out to repair.
- Assist in topside work as directed or required.
- Be alert for and immediately report conditions which may be hazardous or unsafe.
- Perform limited tasks as a diver when directed by the Dive Supervisor. A Dive Tender that dives shall be subject to the duties and responsibilities of a diver within the limitations of his assignment.
Required: Association of Diving Contractors (ADC) accredited school, TWIC, Safegulf, Rigger, First Aid and CPR, Water Survival
Repairing (Computer Systems)