The Power Electronics Engineer will develop switched mode power supplies (SMPS), Battery backup systems (upto 1000W) and related materials/processes used in industrial and hazardous automation systems for global markets. As such, the successful candidate will actively participate in the new product development cycle, including requirements, design, verification, release and documentation, working as a key contributor to our development efforts.
- Lead the electronic development process - concept, specifications, design, schematic creation, supplier specifications, product validation, certification to meet specified cost and performance parameters.
- Work from specific product requirements to develop technical specifications of associated electronic components.
- Write assembly and test specifications for new products, materials, or processes.
- Conduct quality and reliability testing of power supplies, electronic components, end products, system level testing.
- As an individual contributor, conceive, plan, and conduct research in problem areas or areas of opportunity.
- Serve as the technical specialist in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Keep abreast of new technologies for the purpose of recommending changes in existing programs or new programs warranted by such developments.
- Evaluate product, material, or process performance as necessary to support the Quality, Manufacturing, Field Service, and/or Marketing functions.
- Issue complete and concise reports regarding the performance of new or improved company products, as well as products made by our competition.
- Participate in the initial production phases of product/process design and all subsequent manufacturing inquiries and problems.
- Participate in peer design reviews.
- Training, development program and mentoring junior team members.
- Maintaining existing products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power Electronics. Master’s, PhD or Advanced training in related Power Electronics field preferred.
- 5 year’s experience in the design of switching power supplies, resonant power conversion circuits, Inverters in the 100-1000W range, magnetics design, analog and/or digital control.
- 5 year’s experience in selection, use, testing and qualification of electronic and mechanical components for power electronic products.
- 5 year’s experience in technical leadership role, for release of new power electronic products.
- 3 year’s experience in DFM (design for manufacturability), Printed circuit board layout.
- Embedded hardware electronics design experience is a plus. PIC/32bit microcontroller experience preferred.
- Familiarity with UL, CSA and IEC standards.
- Strong technical skills with advanced knowledge in Power electronics; switched mode power supply design, resonant topologies, power quality, control theory, magnetics design.
- Curiosity, self-learning, and technical analysis abilities.
- Ability to systematically analyze technical data, solve problems, and coordinate projects.
- Skilled in use of Electronic CAD, MS Office, and related applications.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of statistical tests, familiarity with statistical process control.
- Foster Teamwork: Collaborate with team members to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Resourceful and organized in taking steps throughout the development.
- Excellent communication skills: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Applicant must be willing to work in Ortigas Center, Pasig.
- Willingness to travel to remote manufacturing facilities and customer sites as requested.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Field Service Management