Are you interested in a career that can provide excitement and a challenge? Are you interested in work that utilizes your skills and abilities to really make a difference? The LCRA System P&C (SCADA) group is actively searching for a highly motivated individual to join our skilled team. As part of our team, you will preform work in various substations located across the LCRA service territory to assist with the installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair of SCADA monitoring and control equipment. The ideal candidate assists with technical support to systems operations, LCRA design and maintenance engineering groups and customers in the development and implementation of SCADA systems. This position develops competence by preforming structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and /or more experienced colleagues. The position is full time with some overnight lodging. There is also the possibility of overtime and call out on nights and weekends. Candidates of varying experience levels are encouraged to apply.
You will be trusted to:
• Assists experienced technicians with projects involving LCRA System Operations, Generation, LCRA Relay and Control Engineering, LCRA Telecommunications, LCRA Network Services and ERCOT.
• Assists experienced technicians with complex maintenance, installation, commissioning, and integration tasks on equipment, including but not limited to Remote Terminal Units (RTU), Data Concentrators, Revenue Meters, Protective Relays, Windows based computers, Human Machine Interfaces, GPS Satellite Clocks, Digital Fault Recorders, and other related equipment and peripherals.
• Assists experienced technicians with maintenance and installation tasks on network related equipment, including but not limited to routers, switches, network interface cards and serial to IP transceivers.
• Assists experienced technicians integrate and test Remote Terminal Units, Protective Relay devices, Revenue Meters and HMIs into Transmission Services SubWAN for remote access/configuration capabilities and D2F (Distance to Fault) functionality.
• Assists with the maintenance of documentation in accordance with ERCOT protocols.
• Operates handheld manual tools and power tools in performing installation and maintenance tasks.
• Follows LCRA Safety and Operating Procedures.
• Performs work by traveling independently or with a small crew to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as scheduled.
You qualify with:
- One or more years of experience in the construction and/or maintenance of power substation protection, SCADA, diagnostic, metering, monitoring and/or control systems.
- A degree(s) in electrical power theory, electronics, instrumentation, controls, computer science or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
- Driver's license
You are a great fit with:
Knowledge of substation equipment.
• Knowledge of electrical control, metering and protective relaying schemes.
• Knowledge of Remote Terminal Units, Revenue Meters and Protective Relays.
• Knowledge of network/LAN operations.
• Knowledge of alternating current (AC) and direct current (DC) electricity fundamentals.
• Knowledge of communications protocols (ex: Harris, Modbus, SEL and DNP 3.0).
• Basic skill level in office productivity applications (such as email, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.).
• Basic skill in use of communication applications (telnet, hyperterminal, etc.).
- Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
- 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
- Life and disability insurance
- Wellness program including wellness incentive
- Extensive learning & development programs
And more - all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Advertised: 9/28/2021 Central Daylight Time
[ Link removed ] [ Link removed ] [ Link removed ]
- Human Machine Interfaces
- Circuit Switches
- Network Switches
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Alternating Current