You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Job Title : Senior Systems Engineer (Trading Systems)
Reference Code : OG-7003625
QatarEnergy is an integrated national oil corporation that stands at the forefront of efforts for the long term sustainable development, utilization and monetization of oil and gas resources in the State of Qatar. In its efforts to become one of the best national energy companies in the world, QatarEnergy's activities and those of its subsidiaries and joint ventures, encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally. They include the exploration, refining and production, marketing, and sale of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids(NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum. As an integrated corporation, QatarEnergy's activities also include marketing and sale of oil and gas and other various products. QatarEnergy's operations and activities are conducted at various onshore locations, including Doha, Dukhan and the Mesaieed and Ras Laffan Industrial Cities; and at various offshore areas, such as offshore oilfields production stations, drilling platforms, Halul oil export island, and the North Field, which is the largest single non-associated gas reservoir in the world covering an area of 6,000 square kilometers. The utilization of this field’s massive reserves has become a primary national goal to continue the development and prosperity of the country. QatarEnergy pays the utmost attention to the health and safety of its employees, contractors, visitors and the local communities where it operates. From drilling to construction, operations to decommissioning, QatarEnergy's health, safety and environment policy forms an integral part of the corporation’s daily business and long term planning. QatarEnergy is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, QatarEnergy is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
Trading Solutions Team
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary purpose of job
As part of the team in charge of the IT solutions/applications specific to QatarEnergy Trading (QET) business:
• Entertain close relations with QatarEnergy LNG Trading stakeholders to understand their key needs and priorities.
• Identify and evaluate the possible solutions (new applications or enhancements, capacity, etc.) then facilitate and document related solution selection and decision.
• Provide expert and technical support to QPT and handle related solution installation, configuration, customization, enhancements and upgrades.
• Apply security measures according to ensure secure environment. Manage and address related vulnerabilities and threats. Monitor and analyze related solution performance; implement preventive and corrective actions.
• Develop and define standards, policies and procedures related to the management of the Trading applications; and implement quality controls, standards, knowledge management, policies, and procedures.
• Initiate and coordinate procurement and contract arrangements throughout the overall lifecycle for purchase, implementation, maintenance, upgrade, and support and associated services of Trading software.
• Maintain a structured portfolio and roadmap of the Trading solutions and develop capacity management strategies and plans.
• Lead and manage small to medium size to implement new or transform existing QET solutions.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 9 years of progressive and directly related experience with Trading solutions
• Demonstrated understanding of Oil & Gas sector and deep knowledge of Trading business and related technologies solutions (C/E-TRM, Fleet Management, Trading Platform, Trading Market Analytics, etc.)
• Effective participation in various high value projects for Trading solutions implementation
• Strong experience in establishing and managing related contracts and agreements
• Familiar with IT standards & best practices, architecture, integration, methods
• Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
• Ability to influence and work closely with stakeholders to determine acceptable solutions
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• High proficiency with workplace applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Experience creating detailed reports and giving presentations
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with a multi-cultural/national workforce.
• Bachelor’s degree in a computing/mathematics/engineering/data science field
- Contract Management
- Data Analysis
- Data Science
Job ID: OG-7003625