Automation Technical Expertise:
Automation Technical Lead
SCADA and Siemens PLC
Portsmouth, Southampton, Chichester, Winchester, Basingstoke, Guildford
£45000 to £55000 plus 10% annual Bonus
Are you looking for a position that will give you the opportunity to build and develop standard methodologies while making an impact?
Due to dynamic growth of our business, we have created a new Global Product Support Automation Lead position!
This position will focus on supporting all aspects of Automation, software, and networking systems. Responsibilities will be split into three core sections:
New Product Development (NPD):
- Lead technical partner concern of product-related technical system issues.
- Develop expert level knowledge of existing systems from Automation and software perspective and acquire applications and hardware knowledge to aid in problem diagnosis.
- Work with PLC and HMI programming (Siemens, Rockwell, Wonderware systems platform).
- Act as the lead for Industrial Control panel design and electrical drawings.
- Support SCADA systems.
- Be the technical lead with common communication protocols (OPC-CA/UA, Modbus).
- Provide guidance, support, and mentoring to associates of junior levels. Develop other associates subject-matter-expertise in Automation-related support.
- Consistently Export Control regulations.
- Lead the development of creative and effective Automation support strategies, creation of service manuals and service procedures for new products and existing product updates.
- Collaborate with others to provide Automation support guidance to development projects as a customer and service advocate. Ensure an Automation design-for-serviceability is built into NPD projects.
- Support the Automation platform design and implementation for ease-of-serviceability.
Position Qualification & Competencies:
- Train field associates, customer instructors, and other Engineers on Automation systems.
- Own the development of training materials, course curriculum, course learning agenda, and course presentation materials for the servicing, repair, installation, PM, and calibration of our systems with a focus on Automation.
- Collaborate with service management and international Product Support service instructors to ensure standardize use of global training content delivery and training completion records.
- Coach, guide and give mentorship to other instructors!
- Bachelor's degree in Automation Engineering, Computer Science Or equivalent.
- Experience with Industrial Automated equipment and/or Control Systems; ideally working in regulated environments.
- Demonstrated ability in continuous process improvement.
When you join us, you'll also be joining a global organisation, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Business System tools and the stability of a tested organisation.
This is a huge opportunity for someone to create their own dynamic European team
You will be working with customers around the globe with lots of support form our colleagues in the USA.
For more information or to have a private and confidential discussion please contact Kieran Duggan at Matchtech on 01489 898162 or apply now to submit your CV
- Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (Scada)
- Human Computer Interaction
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Computer Control Systems