Principal Electrical Engineer (Hybrid Working)
About the Opportunity
As the Principal Electrical Engineer, you will perform the assessment and design and monitors ongoing process of a project, including the coordination of the project with project delivery team.
• Leading/working with a team of Electrical and Control and Instrumentation designers/engineers in developing engineering deliverables throughout various stages of the project.
• Information gathering, undertaking desktop studies.
• Preparing RAMS, carrying out visual and intrusive inspections analysing data and reporting.
• Prepare drawings, functional and technical specifications, and contract documents.
• Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial applications.
• Interfaces and co-ordinates with Safety Case and System Engineering teams.
• Participates in planning, cost development and management, and scheduling for assigned projects.
• Maintains effective communication with project team members and with the project delivery team and customer.
• Performs other duties assigned by the Discipline Head.
• Works with minimal supervision and delivers to deadlines.
• Responsible for authoring/reviewing/checking on technical deliverables.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Possess in depth knowledge of the electrical engineering discipline.
• Experience and understanding in delivering to RIBA stages.
• Experience in LV cable sizing and design and using cable sizing software (AMTECH).
• Experience in LV distribution and standby power systems.
• Experience in all aspects of electrical building services including fire and security systems.
• Experience in Clean Room installations.
• Experience in using AutoCAD/Revit software.
• Commercial awareness.
• Experience in a contracting environment, relevant site experience.
• Possess suitable security clearance or capable of obtaining relevant NSV clearance.
• Must be a sole UK national as the work you’ll be doing is classified as ‘UK Eyes Only’
• Willing to travel if/when required.
The following areas are desirable but not essential.
• Background in project design/engineering work in specialist area (Nuclear and/or Defence Sector).
• Professionally qualified (e.g. Incorporated/Chartered) Engineer with a degree (preferred but not necessary) in the relevant discipline.
• Experience in HV generation/distribution systems up to 11kV and associated control and protection systems.
• Experience of working with and implementing Safety Case requirements.
• Demonstrated record of maintaining own skills and knowledge at the forefront of the field.
• Willingness to work in locations throughout the UK.
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40 countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. [ Link removed ]
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – 2.1062705.1096
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit [ Link removed ] to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please [ Link removed ] .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then [ Link removed ]
- Assembly And Installation
- Auto Cad
- Autodesk Revit
- Building Services Engineering